Saturday, October 26, 2013

Clean Floors and Wintertime

Friday:

So I FINALLY swept, vacuumed and mopped my floors this afternoon.  Well, part of them anyway.  I got the dining room, living room and kitchen done.  Once those floors dry and after Lucas gets home from work (any minute now), I plan on finishing up the hallway and two the bathrooms upstairs, since I can block those off with the baby gate while they dry.  Tomorrow I plan on attacking the den, the dog room and the laundry room, which are all downstairs.  Oh and I guess I'll need to do the stairs and foyer, too!

I even dusted the upstairs, which happens even less often than mopping.

This post is already full of magic and wonder and utter delight.  :)

Just kidding.
THIS is how I actually prefer to get things done.

Saturday:

I obviously didn't get very far on my post yesterday.  The baby woke up from his nap and I never sat down at the laptop again after that.

This morning, Delano and I participated in the Greater Chattanooga Hydrocephalus Association 5k Walk.  The day started off REALLY COLD (it was still only 31 degrees at 8:30!) but it ended up being a GORGEOUS, crisp, sunny day for a walk around downtown!  I was worried about dressing Delano.  The last time it was winter, he was only a few months old and so bundling him up in a bunch of blankets was super easy.  But now that he's a toddler, he has the ability to protest and take things (like hats and gloves and blankets) off.  I ended up putting him in fleece-lined pants, a long-sleeved shirt, fleece socks and tennis shoes.  Then I put him in a down coat and a hat that covered his ears, and then zipped his bottom half into a stroller blanket.  And then I put socks on his hands (since he doesn't yet have any gloves).  He was cozy and perfect!

I actually didn't expect the socks to last, but I think he realized his fingers were cold without them!
Mmmmmm donut!
Donuts make me happy!!
Oh and guess what this mom did??

THAT'S RIGHT.  THAT'S A PARALLEL PARKED MINIVAN, BABY!
I think that's the best parallel park I've ever done, actually.  WEIRD.

So now that it's really starting to get cold out, I've had to switch gears on the wardrobe - both mine and Delano's (Lucas can take care of himself haha).  I packed up Delano's summery 12-month clothes and filled his closet with all of the fall/winter clothes I bought for him from consignment sales over the last couple of months.  We've got long-sleeved shirts, hoodies and pants galore.  I've stocked up on socks (which he wasn't wearing AT ALL before last week), bought two jackets and one winter coat, have several pairs of tennis shoes in sizes 4 and 5, and bought a pair of snow boots for 5 bucks (just in case).  With the exception of not having any gloves yet, Delano is pretty set for the next several months.  And Baby #2 is set with all of Delano's gender-neutral hand-me-downs.

I haven't actually done any switching around in my closet or dresser yet, since I still live in maternity tank tops all the time.  It's just becoming time to put something OVER the tank tops!  I've been racking up on fall/winter maternity clothes at the consignment sales, so I think I'm set as well.  I don't have a TON of maternity clothes for winter, but since I've only got a couple of months to go, who cares?  The one thing I really wonder about is my feet.  My feet are ONLY comfortable in flip flops for extended periods of time.  Nothing else will do, not even my good running shoes.  Working an 8-hour bartending shift at the museum is pure torture on my feet (even with my supposed-to-be-incredibly-comfortable work shoes) simply because they're not my flip flops.  So I'm thinking I'll probably be "that girl" in sweaters and flip flops this winter....with icy toes!  Ah well.  I could always go the socks and flip flops route.  JUST KIDDING.

That is THE WORST.  I don't care that you can buy socks specifically made for flip flops.  JUST NO.

I never got around to cleaning the downstairs floors today.  I chose to do some other, less exhausting chores instead.  Maybe I'll get to the downstairs tomorrow when I'm not spending my morning hiking around downtown for 3.1 miles pushing a stroller uphill with Baby #2 sinking so low into my abdomen that it feels like he/she is trying to fall out of my yaya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment