Monday, October 14, 2013

Projects and My To-Do List

I've been making my way (again) through my stack of magazines, and one of the DIY tips in an HGTV magazine was to make magazine organizers using cereal boxes.  I'd seen this idea before (it reminds me of something you would do with the kiddos on a rainy afternoon) but hadn't thought about it in who knows how long.  So since I probably won't make it through all of my magazines anytime super soon, I think I'm going to at least organize them so that they're not just sitting in jumbled stacks on the TV cabinet.  Because what I need is another project, right?  ;)

I'M GONNA BE CRAFTY!!

I figured I would cover my boxes with something to make them pretty, but I think at first I just need to focus on making the boxes happen.  THEN I can worry about what they look like, if I even care.

I have been VERY SLOWLY working on getting organized for Baby #2.  I pulled out the box of 0-3 month baby clothes and hung them up, as well as reorganized dresser drawers in D's room so that he and Baby #2 will both have drawer space.  I've got my double stroller on stand-by for pick-up, and I've got the recliner in the basement on stand-by for relocation to the upstairs living room.  The original plan was to have the glider chair recovered before Baby #2 arrived (which is already in the living room...the chair, not the baby), but that hasn't happened yet.  And I'm not going to ask Lucas about it right now, because he's been working hard on a bunch of other projects (including other things I've asked him to do) and so it's not a big deal.  But I do know that he pretty much hates my recliner, so I'll have to recruit my brother Ben to help me move it upstairs on the sly in a couple of months if we need to.   SHHHH!  :)

The glider is clean, but it has water damage on the fabric from being stored in a leaky attic, and it needs covered arms.

I haven't made any more progress on the office/guest bedroom yet, because I need Lucas's help moving a few things around first and cleaning up the office space portion (his stuff is EVERYWHERE, but according to him it's all "organized"). Once we rearrange his desk space, I can move a few other things around (or out).  Then I'll need to switch out the box spring on the future guest bed with the one on the current guest bed in Delano's room, since right now the mattress isn't level and Lucas says it's because the box spring is dead.  Then I'll need to get a few of the guys to help me level the piano (there's a board that goes underneath the backside to make it level because it's really old and missing two of its wheels, but it weighs about 1,000 pounds and lifting it is NOT easy).  THEN I'll need Lucas's help moving the full bed out of Delano's room and getting the bunk beds down from the attic to replace it.  I also want to put a ceiling fan in the office/guest bedroom, because it can get really stuffy in there and I don't want our guests to cook.  But that's not a big deal (Lucas can install a ceiling fan in no time) and since it's about to be wintertime, not on the "urgent" list.

The current state of the office/guest bedroom.  P.S.  Like our Halloween window decoration?  SUPER CREEPY.
The "office" portion of the office/guest bedroom.

Another thing I'd like to get done before Baby #2 gets here is to finish cleaning off my old desk and then get rid of it.  I've already started this project, now I just need to finish it, which actually may or may not happen before the baby gets here.  It would just be easier if it does!

My old desk, currently downstairs in the dogs' room.
Where I've gotten started on the desk, going through files and paperwork.

There are other projects on my to-do list, but I'm definitely not convinced that they're going to get done before the baby gets here.  And there are even bigger house projects on the agenda that I have absolutely NO IDEA when they'll even be started (since they require stripping wallpaper and painting).....probably when the kids are in preschool!  But all that's ok.  All of that stuff is just aesthetic, anyway.

I hear the baby, so I guess it's time to go get him up!


No comments:

Post a Comment