Thursday, October 24, 2013

29 Weeks and Minivan Drivin'

29 weeks and counting!


Looks a whole lot like my 28 weeks pic......since I only took the 28 weeks one 2 days ago!  But let's move on to 29 weeks the first time around:


Pretty similar, I'd say.  It's hard to tell anymore!  But I do know that I am bigger around in general, especially in my "raised waistline" - the space between my belly and boobs.  Just check out the boobs-to-belly ratio.  So since I'm bigger as a whole, maybe my belly is actually bigger than before and the pictures just don't show it well?  Ah well.  Who cares, right? 

Baby #2 is an active one, for sure.  Especially in the evenings.  I'm sure Delano was as well, I've just already forgotten the specifics.  It's funny how you think you'll remember every little thing and yet how much you end up forgetting.  You know it happened, you just forget the details.  Which is why I'm glad I kept a journal of Delano before he was born and am blogging about Delano's growth and Baby #2.  I plan on printing out all of my blog posts and organizing them in a binder (or two or three......).  That way, when my kids grow up, they'll have the story of their life at their fingertips.  Or maybe my kids will think I'm a hoarder of binders with ZERO interest in keeping them.  Not my problem.  :)

Binders of women.  Haha!

So I am an official Minivan Mom!  I drove the van for the very first time on Sunday, on the drive back home from Nashville.  And I've been driving it ever since.  I've even parked it between two cars.  Not perfectly and without nervousness, but I did it.  :)  It's actually really easy to drive, and of course incredibly comfortable and REALLY spacious.  I have so much room!!!  But all that room means I can just barely reach the baby, and I definitely can't reach for and retrieve things he's chucked onto the floorboard.  And I need a bigger mirror for the rearview headrest, as I can just barely see him in his mirror now!  And I guess I'll need two.  :)

Speaking of needing some bigger mirrors, the Duck Duck Goose Children's Consignment Sale opens up to the public today at 10:00 am, and I'm planning on being there!  My shopping list includes car seat mirrors, a baby swing (the outdoor kind, to hang under the deck), bouncy balls, a little piano and nursing tank tops.  And anything that looks like an awesome Christmas present.  Delano should be good on clothes until the next round of sales in the Spring, but I'll probably swing back by the sale on 50% off day (Monday) to see if there's anything I just can't resist.  The All About Kids Consignment Sale is going on right now, with the 50% off day happening on Saturday.  I went by there on Monday and bought a couple of long-sleeved maternity tops and a pair of winter boots for Delano in case we get any snow, but they didn't have anything else on my list (or if they did, it already sold).  I might swing back by on Saturday to check the toys and clothes again, but that just depends on my day.  Delano and I are walking in the 2013 Greater Chattanooga Hydrocephalus Association Walk Saturday morning and need to be parked, checked in and ready to roll no later than 10:30.


Time to get the baby changed, dressed and fed some breakfast!  We've gotta leave here in about half an hour if I want to make it to Duck Duck Goose in time to get in line before it opens!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment