Tuesday, October 22, 2013

28 Weeks Belly Photo (Finally) and Breech Ultrasounds.

I finally got the 28 week/6 month baby belly pic taken.  Five days late, but ah well.  Life happens.

6 months of Baby #2!
As always, let's compare last round's 28 week mark:

6 months of Delano!
I think the size is pretty much the same, but this one appears to be sitting lower.  Of course, during the last two ultrasounds I had the baby was in the breech position with all four limbs folded up in front of his/her face, so all that "lowness" may just be due to the fact that the baby's butt is down there.

Speaking of those recent ultrasounds, two weeks ago we had our first 4D ultrasound.  Well, since the baby's arms and legs (ALL of them) were up around his/her face, there were NO good photo ops so we rescheduled a second session for a week later.  Before the second session, I ate some chocolate and drank a soda to wake the baby up and get those limbs moving.  And wouldn't you know it.....Baby #2 STILL insisted on covering his/her face with those hands and feet!  The technician went ahead and saved a few of the profile shots she took, but here in another week we'll be back in to try again!  I don't mind in the least bit....all the more times I get to see that little baby.  :)

Definite leg and arm in front of a partial profile.
That's a foot above my baby's head.  He/she is folded like a lawn chair.
Are we being flipped off???
As much of the front of the face we could get....a tiny bit more than a profile.

I need to Google all the old wives tale ways for flipping a breech baby.  Not that there's any concern about the baby's position right now from a medical standpoint, but the technician said the ultrasounds would be WAY easier if the baby was facing down.  Anybody want to stand on their head with me?

Google Images shows lots of ladies in this position.  Guess I'll be doing some of that!

On a serious note.....I have some friends who lost their baby last week.  The mom was a good ways along (though the pregnancy had still not been announced yet) and they knew they were having a little girl.  They went in for a check-up to find out that there wasn't a heartbeat.  It's been a week since they found out the news, and I haven't stopped thinking about them.  I can't imagine being in their shoes, with the overwhelming sadness they must feel.  It makes me feel guilty (though I'm fully aware I shouldn't) for being a person that is able to have such easy and predictable pregnancies (though I should knock on wood....this one isn't over until it's over!).  Here I am being all excited and posting upbeat pictures and complaining about such minor "pregnant girl problems" (like only being able to see a profile view during an ultrasound) while others are suffering a major loss.  But when I hear about people losing their children, either while pregnant or in the years after, I just feel so sad, because that person could be me.  It could be any of us at any given moment.  And they are not the only people who I know personally that have lost a child.  Bad things happen to good people, and for those who believe there is always a reason....then there is a reason.

I also found out that the very day they lost their little girl was National Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness Day.  I'm sure this day will always hold a very special place in their hearts as remembrance for themselves as well as the remembrance of others.  I know I'll remember it.  I love you guys.  :)


1 comment:

  1. My friend Erin Cushman runs a non-profit for women who have experienced infant loss. She has this amazing online community of women who support each other. Here's the link if you think your friend would be interested in looking into it. http://hopemommies.org/

    ReplyDelete