Thursday, October 17, 2013

Third Trimester - We're Here!

Happy Third Trimester, ya'll!!  Woo hoo!!






The last stretch, as some would say.  When things really start to get "real".  You get the fattest of fat, you're exhausted after simply making the effort to get out of a chair (and you may or may not have made it out), your feet become puffy fluid-filled marshmallows (bye bye ankles!), your everything hurts, the pregnancy giggles make everything hilarious, you could pee yourself at any given moment, you think you look cute one day until you look back at pictures later and think HOLY COW (MOOOOOOO), and the baby moves around like a wild, rabid animal trapped in a cage, seemingly as an angry warrior wreaking havoc on your ribcage and internal organs.  It's good times, people.  But honestly, this is my favorite part of being pregnant.  At least the first 8-10 weeks......those last 2 weeks or so are when you start doing squats in the living room hoping the baby will JUST FALL OUT ALREADY.  But the first part of the third trimester, when you can feel the baby's every move (and can pinpoint body parts from the outside), when the giggles make you laugh so hard you cry and it feels REALLY good to laugh like that (even if you do pee), and when you're so obviously pregnant that you get a "pass" for basically everything - the way you look (pregnant women are NOT FAT EVER), the way you dress (Dare anyone to challenge a pregnant woman who wants to wear PJs all day forever, food stains and all), the way you act (I'm sorry, was I a bitch just then?  Must be these crazy hormones!), and what you shove into your mouth (I'll have a waffle taco, a mexican pizza, two burrito supremes and a large order of fries, please.  Oh, you don't have fries?  That's ok, there's a burger joint right across the street) - makes it all worth it.  Even the really crappy parts, like INSANE FIERY HEARTBURN.




Some women don't get heartburn AT ALL.  Some of those people are friends of mine.  And though I envy those who live heartburn-free, I wouldn't wish it on anybody.  The old wives tale is that heartburn means a head full of hair.  While there IS some scientific truth that hair on a fetus can cause heartburn, it's not always true.  In my case, I had a crazy mad heartburn and yet delivered a bald baby.  One of my heartburn-free friends delivered a baby with a head packed full of hair.  Baby #2 is probably bald, too.  Go figure.

I thought I had my heartburn pegged to high sugar content and a few other specific foods, but now (again) I'm not so sure.  Yesterday I had a small chocolate bar, some peanut butter cups and half of a Coca-Cola to try to get Baby #2 frisky for his/her 2nd attempt at a 4D ultrasound (I'll post those pics next week after I get back home from the in-laws' house).  I thought for sure I'd be chewing Tums the rest of the day due to the sugar and peanut butter.  NO HEARTBURN.  I had a little heartburn last night around 3am, but I had eaten garlic shrimp and a small piece of caramel cheesecake for dinner, so I'm guessing that little bit was related to either the garlic or the cheesecake.  So in other words, I still don't know for sure what sets me aflame!!


Back in June, I pre-registered Delano for swim lessons at the Aqua-Tots Swim School opening in Chattanooga.  The original opening day was planned for July 1st.  When that didn't happen, they rescheduled their opening day for September 1st.  Well it is now mid-October, and the swim school has yet to open up.  You can drive by it and see that it's in process but just not quite ready yet.  And I'm okay with all of that.  I'm not mad that Delano's swim lessons have been delayed.  BUT it is getting closer and closer to Baby #2 being here.  I knew that I would eventually need an extra hand every week to watch Baby #2 for half an hour while Delano and I had our swim lesson, but I also thought we'd be 4+ months into lessons already by now.  I emailed them a day or two ago asking for an update, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.  Then I can decide if I want to go ahead and start his lessons or if I want to hold off until after Baby #2 is here.  I don't want to cancel altogether - I want my kids to learn how to swim while they're young and be confident about how to handle themselves in water (plus it will make me feel a whole lot better), plus the Aqua-Tots rates are REALLY good compared to anywhere else I've found.  So we'll just have to see!


P.S.  Aqua-Tots also offers CPR and First Aid classes, to anyone who might be looking!  Or they will, anyways, if they ever open.

I just reminded myself that I need to renew my ABC (liquor) permit for bartending at the museum.  BOO.  Talk about 5 hours worth of boring and $70 wasted.  I meant to get it done last month but got distracted and totally forgot.  The ABC Permits Class Calendar shows several classes during the week from 10-3, so maybe I'll go get that done one day next week.


I have more things saved on my phone to talk about (I have an app called "Out of Milk" with a to-list called "Blog Ideas" where I jot down things to talk about as I think of them), but right now I think I'm going to post some Gdiaper covers for sale on Ebay.  They've been hanging out in a bag, waiting to be posted.....I just haven't gotten around to it yet.  So here's my Round Tuit!  :)

I actually have one of these somewhere......

No comments:

Post a Comment