Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Country Music Half Marathon, Here I Come! And Budgets - Gross.

I am OFFICIALLY REGISTERED for the Nashville Country Music Half Marathon that I've only mentioned about 18 times in 18 different blog posts.

Yay!

So now it's real.  Well sort of.  It's still a long ways away.  And I haven't had this baby yet and therefore I have no current knowledge of how my training will go.  But at least it's in the books!  So I'll be there, even if I'm not ready for it!

Yesterday was Day 1 of my semi-sorta Facebook hiatus.  I allowed myself 10 minutes to browse Facebook in the morning, then when Delano went down for a nap I hopped back on ONLY to answer a Facebook message I had received requesting some information about a bartending job, in the late afternoon I hopped back on only to check my messages again to see if she had responded back (which she had), and then right before bed I allowed myself about 10 minutes to browse again.  I only browsed through Facebook from my phone when I hopped on last night, so I didn't once use my phone to check it all day.  Though I did post a picture to Facebook straight from my phone's photo gallery......that doesn't count, does it? 

I shared this one of D rocking his footie pajamas and tennis shoes.

It was difficult!!  I am SO used to browsing Facebook throughout the day, so it took some REAL EFFORT not to pick up my phone and check in.  I kinda feel left out already!  But on the plus side, leaving Facebook alone caused me to be more "present" throughout the day, which was nice.  Now I'm on Day 2, have already been up an hour and a half, and haven't yet looked at it once.  I'll give myself my allotted 10 minutes here in a bit, probably during D's nap.  I'm hoping that after a few days (maybe a week max), the oddness of not being on Facebook all day will wear off and I won't care.  :)

On a more sour note and total change of subject, I've come to the realization that my seriously SERIOUS budget requirements are now a reality.  I've talked about my future of serious budgeting in a previous post (I couldn't find which one it was to link it), given that once Baby #2 gets here I'll be even more of a stay-at-home mom than I am now, which means even less money coming in from my end of the money train. 

Whose budget jar has hundred dollar bills in it?  Not mine.

And it's not that I mind as much, believe it or not, that I won't have a bunch of money to blow.  I'm not much of a shopper (I just tend to eat out way more than I need to), and Delano and I do free stuff all the time.  As I mentioned in my last post, D and I love to go for walks and go to the park and spend time at the grandparents' house.  None of those activities cost any money, though I do eventually have to put gas in the car.  And yes I DID pay money for our memberships to the Creative Discovery Museum and the Tennessee Aquarium, but those memberships give us an option of something to do for an entire year and pay for themselves after about 2-3 visits.  So if we're ever searching for something to do, we can go to either one of those places for "free" (minus parking, unless we get lucky).  We could go every day if we wanted to.  But Mommy definitely doesn't want to.

What I mind the most is that my two debts aren't paid off, and that I won't be pulling in any major money to really put much of a dent in them anytime soon.  The first debt (the smaller of the two) is my credit card.  I paid it off several months ago, but it has gradually built its "you owe me, bitch" list back up.  Granted, when you look at the posted transactions from the past several months, the list looks a lot like this:

- vacation house rental deposit (no regrets there!!)
- vet
- gas
- vet
- vet
- flea medicine (ordered from Doctors Foster and Smith, which is the cheapest)
- heartworm medicine (vet)
- winter clothes for Delano (consignment)
- groceries
- gas
- insulin and needles (vet)
- vet
- gas
- vet
- a few more winter clothes for Delano (still from consignment)

There seems to be a theme.

The second debt is my school loan.  I still owe quite a large chunk on that one.  Not as much as some other former students out there, but enough that there's still no light visible at the end of the tunnel anytime in the super near future.  Unless I win the lottery or discover some long lost inheritance.


So basically, debt stinks and I wish I didn't have any.  The end.

I try to tell myself that it's just money and that now I just have to be more careful with it.  Live optimistically!!

Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment