Friday, November 8, 2013

TV Shows, Tattoos and Blue Hair

Lucas and I DVR a lot of shows.  And I mean A LOT.  Some of them are consistent throughout the year, some of them are in their current series and in the "must watch" category, and some of them are "filler" shows for when there's nothing else to watch.  Some of the shows we watch together (when they're on) include:

Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
The Soup
Bones
Supernatural
The Walking Dead
New Girl
Last Man Standing
The Crazy Ones
Two and a Half MenReal Husbands of Hollywood
Dracula
Franklin & Bash


Some of the ones I watch when Lucas isn't around (because he has ZERO interest in my guilty pleasures) include:

Revolution
Grey's Anatomy
Drop Dead Diva
Top Chef
Fashion Police
Giuliana & Bill
Tia & Tamara
Million Dollar Listing
Say Yes to the Dress
Keeping Up With the Kardashians
19 Kids and Counting
The Bachelor/Bachelorette
So You Think You Can Dance


And some of the "filler" shows we both like but tend to get pushed to the bottom of the watch list include:

South Park
Family Guy
The Simpsons
Futurama


During the fall season, we get behind on Jimmy Fallon, since so many of our shows start up in the fall.  So the episodes of Jimmy Fallon tend to stack up throughout the fall and early spring, and then we end up having Jimmy Fallon marathons every night in the late spring and summer when everything else is out of season.

So the whole point of that TV conversation was to get to this......last night Lucas and I watched an episode of Jimmy Fallon (from early October - we're currently about 20 shows behind), and at the start of our recording we always catch the last couple of minutes of Jay Leno, typically partway through the musical performance.  On "last night's" show, those last few minutes were of Demi Lovato.  WITH BLUE HAIR.  And I must say, I totally dug it.


I like it A LOT.  I think it's pretty badass.  Especially because she's a brunette like me and bright colors are so much harder to pull off on dark hair.  I personally have always wanted pink hair.  I don't mean like super-fuchsia punk rock pink hair...I mean like a blend-in of pink hair, almost like my hair was "supposed" to be pink.

I would go insane for this hair.  But this would never happen for me, as I am not a blonde.

Granted, I'm not 21 years old (or even close to my twenties anymore), I'm not a rock star and I don't have loads of money to shell out for a stylist to keep my locks looking luscious and colorful.  I'm in my mid-30s and a stay-at-home mom of soon-to-be two kids.  My personal spending income (for indulgences like pricey hair appointments) has dramatically decreased.

But I can still be funky and cool if I want to, can't I?

I've got quite a few tattoos, and one of my goals for the first part of next year is to finish the tattoo sleeve I started many years ago.  This is going to be a challenge, as tattoo appointments are not cheap, but I'm determined to make it happen.  HOPEFULLY by May.  Another goal is to get back into the running game and into the shape that I was in pre-Baby #1 (that's definitely no secret to anybody who reads my blog).  So I think if I get myself skinny again and have a gorgeous FINISHED tattoo sleeve, I should definitely top it off with some funky hair.  Don't you?  I just have to be careful that I don't end up looking like a pile of redneck white trash.

Ignoring the cheesy fact that these are cell phone selfies that I took after a tattoo appointment, here is a pic from early 2009 showing off the start of my sleeve.  I'm much farther along on it now, but still have a ways to go.
View of the back.  The sleeve (which is a tree with a "Mother Earth" type of symbolism on the top) and the unicorn will all tie in together once it's completed.

I just realized that "early 2009" was almost 4 years ago.  Holy cow.

We'll just have to see, I guess.  There ARE other things in life that are more of a priority than my tattoos and hair.  I just wish I could have it all!  I keep telling myself I should play the lottery.  Maybe now is a good time to start.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment