Wednesday, November 6, 2013

31 Weeks, Maternity Jeans and Cheerios.

31 weeks pregnant today!

I even have different pants on (not my capris).  Shocking!!
And here's 31 weeks from last time:


It's really hard to tell if anything's all that different anymore.  The shape of my belly slightly different, but that may just be the baby's current position.  Speaking of......I went in for an ultrasound today and the baby was head down!!  Yay!!  So either the baby finally decided to turn on its own, or the nightly rounds of frozen peas and a heating pad worked to GET him/her to move.  HOWEVER, the baby was still not in the greatest position for the 4D photos (go figure).  He/She didn't have any limbs in his/her face like the last few times, but during the appointment his/her face was positioned towards my hip bone (which was blocking a good view) and the umbilical cord was floating around in front of the face as well.  This baby just DOES NOT want his/her picture taken!  During my next regular appointment in two weeks, the ultrasound tech is going to look again to see if we can see that sweet baby's face, but then that will probably be the last opportunity at the 4D pics since the baby's running out of room in there and everything will soon be all squished together in one big blurry lump.

That big thing overlapping the top of the baby's head is my hip bone, and the squiggly thing against the baby's right cheek is the umbilical cord.

On a change of subject, I don't like any of my maternity jeans.


The ones I bought during my first pregnancy were the low-waisted ones (no belly panel).  DESPISE THOSE.  Only wore them a couple of times.  Bought a few at some recent consignment sales.  They all fit size-wise, but I don't have enough of an ass to keep them up.  They stretch out and slide down and drive me absolutely insane.  So I bought a new pair at Old Navy a couple of weeks ago.  I got them in the same size as my Old Navy maternity capris, even though they fit a bit tight in the store.  I figured when they stretched they would fit perfectly and I wouldn't have to deal with saggy butt.  Problem is, they don't stretch!  So they look great from an outsiders point of view (nice and tight), but they're not all that comfortable since I could stand to go a size up.  But then (my luck) they'd probably sag.  Nothing like looking forward to two months of crappy jean-wearin'!

I finally finished off a large box of Cheerios and made my first magazine holder!  It's a little flimsy so it could use some reinforcement - I was thinking of using decorative duct tape to serve the purpose of both decoration AND reinforcement.  But I'm not worried about it right now.  It serves its purpose just fine.  Now I just need to eat more Cheerios because I need more magazine holders!


This past week, Delano started teething again, and this time we're going big or going home.  He popped an upper tooth out last Tuesday, his second upper tooth started popping out a couple of days later, and now we're working on two more top teeth.  So needless to say, he's been a bit crabby the past couple of days as his mouth has been (I assume) pretty sore.  We've been giving him Anbesol throughout the day and adding a dose of Tylenol at night to help while he sleeps.  I've also got a bottle of those teething tablets that I keep forgetting about, but I was warned by one parent about Belladonna (an ingredient in those tablets) so I wanted to Google it and see what that was all about.  I think the percentage of Belladonna in those tablets is REALLY low, though, like 0.000001%.  But I'll just have to do a little research.

He's a "big shot" now because he's big enough to get in and out of his desk chair by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment