Monday, November 18, 2013

Excitement Over Car Seats and Twin Beds

In my last post, I could not remember to save my life what kind of car Lucas drives......he drives a Monte Carlo.  It looks like this one:


Just FYI.  :)

So I bought a new convertible car seat Saturday!  I went with the Graco MySize 70, as it was in the right price range and highly recommended after all the research I did.  But even better?  I got it even cheaper than what I thought I would! 

The seat currently retails for $179.99.  Babies R Us had the Odyssey (green & black color scheme) on sale for $149.99, which I was already thrilled about.  I knew that I might have tossed a 20% off store coupon into the recycle bin, and I was curious if I would also be able to use that if I found it.  So I called Babies R Us on Friday to find out how long the sale would last and if I'd also be able to use a coupon.  The manager who answered the phone told me that the sale on that seat would be going on for quite a while, but that the coupon did not apply to hot deal sale items.  BUT she said that if I opened an "R Us" credit card account, I'd save 15% on that day's purchase, AND on Saturdays between now and Christmas I'd save an extra 10% when using the card.  AND she said I could stack coupons on top of that if they applied.  I'm not real keen on opening store credit cards (high interest rates and credit baggage, for starters), but figured I could always pay the first bill in full to avoid any accrued interest and then call and close it out.


So Friday morning, after my phone call with the Babies R Us manager and while Delano was napping, I found myself unloading the recycle bin onto the driveway searching for Babies R Us fliers and coupons to see if I had anything I could use.  I found the 20% off coupon I originally inquired about (which did indeed say "20% off one FULL PRICE item" as well as the recent sale flier that had a coupon in it for baby gear (also applying only to full priced items).  I grabbed them anyway, and when Delano woke up, we headed to store.

When I arrived at the store, I automatically put the seat on sale (the Odyssey) into my cart.  But then I started to calculate my savings.  With the Odyssey, which was $149.99, I could get 15% off plus an extra 10% off, taking the seat down to about $115.  An awesome deal.  But with the Thunder Fashion (the blue/white/gray color style NOT on sale), which was $179.99, I could get 15% off plus an extra 10% off PLUS toss in the 20% coupon (which was actually deducted first), taking the seat down to $110.  Woohoo!!  So needless to say, I switched out the seats in my cart and went with the Thunder Fashion.

Thar she blows.  Still in my living room floor.

I also looked into a second car seat base for our Graco infant seat, since I traded in the second base we used to have for the car seat that Delano is currently using.  Babies R Us doesn't stock the base we need anymore, but I can order it from the Toys R Us/Babies R Us website and get it shipped to the store for free.  So that's on my to-do list.  And I wonder if I order it on a Saturday and use my card if I'll get 10% off? Hmm....I need to look into that!

This is the base I need.

So once I have that second base, Lucas and I will be set on car seats for about the next year!  Once the new baby outgrows the infant seat we'll need one more convertible seat for Lucas's car, but we'll worry about that when the time comes.

To change the subject, I now have three cereal box magazine holders in use!  I just need one more for my "house" magazines (HGTV and Better Homes & Garden).

Who's crafty?!  I know you're impressed.  I can tell.

And while I was bartending last weekend, Lucas got started on clearing the office out to start transforming it into the guest bedroom.  He started by pulling everything "baby" out of the office closet and putting it into the baby's closet, and vice versa.

Boxes and boxes of clothes!
Definitely a FULL closet of stuff for two kiddos, and it looks messy, but it's actually pretty organized.

Next up in the baby's room will be breaking down the full bed to make room for the twin bed going in.  It will give Delano (and the future kiddo) more floor room, plus the twin bed will become Delano's bed when he graduates from the crib.

The full bed in Delano's room now.  The twin bed will go against the wall between the windows.  The end tables will have to find a new home in the house.
The floor space as of now.  There's enough to play in, but about to be more!

The computer room/guest bedroom is slowly coming together!  It's not going to be anything fancy and pretty - at least not for now - but it will be functional for the in-laws, since Delano won't be able to give up his room for house guests once the new baby gets here.  Saturday Lucas moved and organized his desks and pretty soon we'll have the glass ordered for the China cabinet shelves, which means we'll be able to unpack the dishes taking up space in that room. 

I just realized that I really want to repaint the office.  I like the mango-ish color that's in there now, but with all the bulky dark furniture (the dark bed frame, 2 desks and a piano), I think the color just "accentuates" the darkness.  So it looks like I'll be picking out a lighter color for that room in the near future!  Hmmm......what color to go with??

My big 15-month-old.  :)

1 comment:

  1. One should choose the best convertible car seat for his baby. Check out our website for car seats reviews, experts opinions and customer feedback's.

    ReplyDelete