Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Eight Months Pregnant and 15 Months Old

Tomorrow I will be 33 weeks pregnant, but I completely skipped over posting anything about hitting the 8-month mark at 32 weeks pregnant, so here's my 32 week belly pic:

32 weeks last Wednesday!
And here is 32 weeks from the first go around:

32 weeks with Delano.

If my pants were pulled up a little higher in the front in the second pic, I think the bellies would look pretty identical.

I've been SO EXHAUSTED lately.  As in I start breathing hard over Every. Little. Thing.  Walking up the stairs?  Let me catch my breath.  Toting around Delano?  Sorry Punkin', Mama's gotta put you down after a minute.  Changing clothes?  Good grief I need to sit down and rest.  Blow drying my hair?  If I have to flip my head over one more time I think my legs are going to give out.  The crazy exhaustion has been brutal.  So yesterday I started to wonder what my moans and groans were the first time around, and if I was really as physically exhausted then as I am now.  So I pulled up my journal, and here are the ailments I took note of at 31 weeks pregnant:

* Hot feet - my feet would get hot and I'd have to prop them up in order to get them to cool down
* Heartburn - had horrible heartburn, but pretty much all at night
* Heat rash - had a super itchy heat rash on my belly and thighs for about a week
* "Almost" leg cramps - calves tensing up when I'd stretch like they were about to get a major cramp
* Sleeping - couldn't sleep on my left side due to the baby being on the left and my ribcage being sore
* Leaky boobs - the ability to squeeze colostrum out of my boobs happened at some point
* Numb skin - top of my stomach was numb with no feeling at all

This time around I haven't dealt with hot feet, a heat rash or numb skin at all.  I've definitely dealt with heartburn more than the first time (though it tends to be hit or miss), I get the "almost" leg cramps (I had forgotten that those were a thing), I still can't sleep on my left side (Baby #2 apparently likes to be pocketed in the left side as well) and I can squeeze colostrum out of one boob for sure (because everybody needs to know that).  In a previous journal entry at 29 weeks pregnant, I also mentioned how much I DESPISED bras of every kind, even if they were supposed to be the softest, lightest bra in the world.  They drove me crazy and I only wore them if I left the house.  That's another issue I haven't dealt with this time around.  I'm completely comfortable in all of my maternity bras, and even wear an underwire bra (GASP!) when I bartend.  Maybe it has to do with the fact that my skin isn't numb?  I'm not sure. 

This is what I wear to work.  Just kidding.  P.S. That's a La Perla bra.  AKA extremely expensive, you know, for all the coverage and comfort you get.

My 29 week or 31 week journal entries didn't mention a single thing about extreme physical exhaustion, so I guess I hadn't hit that point yet back then.  Lucky me.

Delano had his 15-month doctor appointment yesterday.  Our big boy is 31 inches tall and tops the scale at 24 pounds, 10 ounces.  He's considered average in weight but a little short in height.  But he IS part Wallace, and we're all a little short in height.  ;)  Time will tell if he gets the Wallace height or the Simington height!  He also got 3 shots yesterday, poor guy.  It's always heartbreaking when he gets shots, because that is the HARDEST he ever cries.  But it's always the same.....get the shot, scream and cry, then sniffle and cuddle, and then pass out asleep.  He's been a little clingy today, but he's also been biting his lip all day long.....I think another top tooth is about to push through the gum.  So we may have another tooth by morning!

I bought him a harness because he TAKES OFF RUNNING the second you let him go!

No comments:

Post a Comment