Monday, November 11, 2013

The Beach Wedding Plans Are Coming Together!

We've picked out a beach wedding package and are THIS close to making the reservation!!!  YAY!!!  WE'RE GETTIN' MARRIED!!!


Ok so just kidding, since we're already married.  But last time we did it alone at the courthouse and I just wore one of my summer dresses from my closet.  This time we'll be on a beautiful beach at sunset with family and friends, and I'll be in a wedding gown.  So even though it's still going to be low key, I'm pretty darn excited.  And I wouldn't change the fact that we eloped for anything in the world.  That weekend full of surprises was the BEST EVER and completely unforgettable.  I wish I had more surprises like that to toss around, because that was super fun!!

So back to the wedding package.....I Googled "Destin beach weddings" and clicked on every company website link for beach weddings.  I then wrote down each company one by one along with their different package prices and what they included.  Then I narrowed it down to my two favorites and asked Lucas which he liked better (or if he even liked either of them), and then went with the winner! 

The tropical aisle was the big selling point!

I've been emailing back and forth with the wedding company asking questions about the package details and specific beach locations (and forwarded the info to my mom), so we're pretty close to making the final decision.  :)

After this part of the day is booked, it will be time to look into where we want to have the afterparty!  So my next search will be for a restaurant with awesome food and a great space for our small crowd.  The wedding company has links on their page for a bunch of options, so I'm hoping the perfect location is just a click away. 

Since I'll have a 20-month-old and a 4-month-old next May, this will not be me.  But I know a few brides who spent their wedding night a lot like this!

And really, that's all that's involved in this wedding planning!  Of course I'll need to find my dress, but that shopping won't even begin until after Baby #2 gets here.  And even then, nothing is going to fit quite right for a couple of months.  So I'll very likely be looking at dresses knowing the one I pick will have to be altered (with fingers crossed!) as the date approaches.  The husband and the kiddos will need to be suited up for the occasion as well, but other than that, I think that's it.

Oh wait....I need to invest in Save the Date magnets for the extended family to serve as a constant visual reminder that if they're thinking about coming, they need to plan their trip.  Add that to the list.



Since it's supposed to be pretty darn cold tomorrow (49 degrees and windy compared to the sunny 70 degree weather we've been having lately), I may spend the day in some warm PJs researching restaurants and Save the Dates during Delano's naps.

It's supposed to be even colder on Wednesday.  Boo.  Though I guess I can't really complain.  It IS November after all, and we definitely don't typically have 70 degree weather in mid-November around here.  I've just been so spoiled by it that I don't want it to end!!  So I guess I'll be getting around to some of things on my to-do list this week to avoid the 40 degree temps, like vacuuming the bedrooms and mopping the rest of the floors and sorting through the stuff on the dust collector computer desk downstairs (which has been waiting on me for MONTHS).

I hear the kiddo waking up from his nap, and I need to go restart the dryer (since a full load of cloth diapers usually takes 2 cycles to dry).  Luckily I don't have to bother with cooking dinner tonight, since we'll be having the last of the soup that Lucas made last week along with sandwiches.  That's always an added bonus to my evenings.  And tomorrow's dinner is going in the crockpot for the day, so that's an added bonus to the anticipated day of coldness.  :)

Another added bonus for tonight?  Having last night's episode waiting for me on DVR!


No comments:

Post a Comment