Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Day 13......Just Ugh!

Saturday afternoon:

So it's Day 13 of Operation Pre-First-Baby-Weight and I've been sick with a cold for the past 4 days.  UGH.  So my main source of fuel has been Alka Seltzer, along with some food items to keep me going.  I've stepped on the scale a few times over the last few days, but it's been all over the road like a DUI.  It's like my scale doesn't know what to do with a sick person.



Luckily I haven't stuffed my face with primo bad choices, but I have partaken in some Thanksgiving food, since it's that time of year.  Lucas's office had its annual Thanksgiving lunch this past Thursday.  Though I completely avoided the rolls and dessert, I did eat some homemade chicken & dumplings and potato casserole along with my turkey, ham, green beans and deviled eggs.  And last night, our neighborhood had its annual holiday dinner.  I didn't avoid anything at this dinner.....I highly enjoyed my breaded and buttered chicken cordon bleu, my corn casserole (that was rumored to be loaded up with bacon, bacon fat, butter, etc) and my buttermilk pie.  YUM.


Monday morning:

I realized Saturday afternoon that I needed to start getting ready for work, so that's as far as I made it.

Which SUCKED, by the way.

Had I not been sick with a cold, that wedding reception would have been really fun.  The crowd was full of heavy drinkers and big tippers who knew how to have a party.  But since I was sick, I just wanted it to be OVER from the moment I walked in the door.  So it was a long night.



Sunday wasn't much better, except that I was home and not working.  All I wanted to do was sleep all day.  I didn't get to do that, but it's what I WANTED to do.  Oh and did I mention that both kids are snotty, too?  The only survivor so far is Lucas, and his chances are pretty slim in this household.

We did go to the grocery store early Sunday evening and then went to my parents' house for dinner.....I just made sure we were all loaded up on age-appropriate drugs and not drooling on anybody.  My mom cooked a big pot of potato soup with baked ham sandwiches, and I took along the liquor and mixers I bought to test out options for Brian and Shanleigh's signature wedding drink.

That's not it, but I thought it looked neat.

My fitness regime is suffering greatly due to this cold.  I haven't hit the treadmill at all because my throat and ears have been super sore, so breathing heavy and bouncing around hasn't exactly sounded appealing.  I thought I would try hitting the treadmill today during the kids' afternoon naps, but since my ears and throat are STILL sore, it's now a toss-up between attempting to work out and attempting to take a nap.

I guess I'll get back on track once this cold passes.  Which will likely be after Thanksgiving (convenient, right??).  We'll be spending Thanksgiving Day here in town, but will be heading to Nashville on Friday for the rest of the holiday weekend.  I'm hoping to feel like a million dollars by Saturday so that I can toss on my running shoes and hit the pavement towards Shelby Park in East Nashville.  Maybe make up for the miles lost this past week!

The last time I attempted to run from Lucas's parents' house to Shelby Park I didn't quite make it.  I was afraid I was going to have to call someone for a ride back!

Wednesday night:

I just spent several hours adding to this post, and it ERASED ALL OF IT for no apparent reason. 

So I just. can't. even. 

So here's the super summary:  I went to the doc yesterday.  I have a severe sinus infection.  I'm on 3 meds now and am fab.  Delano went to the ER today.  He's fine - was a nursemaid's elbow incident.  He was won over by the popsicle he was given after his elbow was popped back in.  I wasn't questioned for child abuse (which I was concerned about).  The kids are still snotty and Lucas is sick now, too, but not as bad as I've been.  Hopefully we'll all clear up over the 4-day weekend.

That's it.  I'm SO MAD that all my other paragraphs (which included witty memes and photos) erased, but it is what it is.......life happens.  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment