Thursday, November 13, 2014

April's Body Boot Camp: Day 4

Well, I'm down a pound and a half.  A pound and a half of water weight, but it's still a pound and a half from where I started on Monday.

At least until this afternoon.


The past several days, I've done REALLY well.

Tuesday I had oatmeal for breakfast, yogurt for a morning snack, two slices of pork tenderloin and a side salad for lunch, and then a Chef Salad from Blue Plate (DELISH) for dinner.  I DID have a handful of honey mustard & onion pretzels for a snack while bartending on the riverboat (I could have eaten the WHOLE BAG), but then I moved on to my designated trail mix.  Oh and I did also have about half a can of Gingerale as well, but then I switched to club soda so that I'd stop drinking Gingerale!

Wednesday I had oatmeal for breakfast, yogurt for a morning snack, tomato bisque soup and a grilled chicken salad for lunch (with too much sweet tea) and a can of Progresso soup for dinner.  And again, I ate trail mix during my bartending shift to tide me over until I was able to get home and eat my soup.  I also had a Clif bar and a single-serve can of mixed fruit in my bag at work, but I never ate them because I kept busy enough to not eat everything I brought.  Which is a good thing.



Then there was today.  I didn't eat breakfast, but I did eat a single-serve package of sliced apples with peanut butter on my way out the door.  The kids and I met my friend Vanessa and her son at the Aquarium, and then we went over to Taco Mamacita for lunch.  I should have ordered the chicken tortilla soup, or one of the salads.  That's what I SHOULD have done, and I knew it while I was sitting there staring at the menu.  But instead, I ordered one of my faves, the Sloppy Nachos.

NACHOOOOOOOOS (though these are the Memphis Nachos).

They were delicious, of course.  And I did manage to squeeze in a short, one-mile treadmill run afterwards.  But now I need to behave myself, at least for the next couple of days!  Tomorrow I have to be at work at noon to bartend a 2:00 riverboat cruise.  I'll have plenty of time to eat some lunch before hopping on the boat, but I don't really have anything at the house I can pack to be ready-to-eat, unless I make a sandwich, which would include the non-whole grain bread that I've been trying to avoid (STOP LOOKING AT THE NACHOS.  I KNOW, I KNOW.).  Or.....I could plan to eat lunch tomorrow at 11:00, like make myself a can of soup, and then take my snacks to eat between noon and 6ish.  That's probably the best plan.  In fact, that's now my plan.  High five to myself.

I'm also running the D9 Hot Cocoa 5k this Saturday in Collegedale with my friend Vanessa, so hopefully we'll burn some calories and warm ourselves up, because it's going to be COLD!!

Time to pack my snacks for tomorrow!  And the baby's waking up, so I guess I should go get her.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment