Wednesday, November 19, 2014

April's Operation Get Skinny: Day 10

I decided to change the name of my mission to Operation Get Skinny since I'm obviously not really doing any sort of boot camp.  Boot camps are rigorous and intense.  And usually start at 5:00am.  This is definitely NOT that.

No, no I don't.  Though I'm sure it would be beneficial.

Maybe I'll just keep changing the name of my "operation".....ya know.....to keep things fresh.


Anyway, the past two days have been right on track.  As of this morning I'm back down to the 4 lb weight loss mark from Friday.  No indulgent sugars or carbs (unless you count beer or wine, which I definitely don't - right, Stacie?), though I did eat two fat bowls of chili Monday night instead of just one.  Last night was also a chili night (I purposely made enough for three nights of dinner) but I stuck to one bowl.  And though I would love nothing more than to include a big pile of Fritos in my chili, I didn't buy any so I don't even have them around to tempt me.



Aside from my chili dinners, everything else I've consumed has been pretty standard:  oatmeal, yogurt, soup, salad, granola bars and trail mix.  For snacks I also have fruit cups and fresh fruit, hummus and Triscuits (which are whole grain with few ingredients), whole grain English muffins for making mini pizzas (a snack idea I saw on a website) and I bought some more popcorn kernels for popping fresh popcorn.  Dang - I just remembered I meant to buy some flavored popcorn salt for an added bonus.  Ah well.  Didn't need it anyway, right?

I did manage to squeeze in a 2-mile treadmill run yesterday afternoon, so that's a bonus!

This morning I also made myself a cup of Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice tea.


On the plus side, my house smells like I just took a freshly baked apple pie right out of the oven.  On the negative side, the tea is a little "much".  It was good for the first 2/3 of the cup......now I don't want the rest.  So next time I'll try it in a bigger mug to dilute it a bit and see if that helps.

So do I get bored with eating oatmeal, yogurt and soup every day?  No, I honestly don't.  Not yet anyway.  Having a specific, repetitive meal plan for every day seems to make it easier for me to stay on track.  I do eat out for lunch at least once or twice a week, and we go out to eat for dinner usually once a week, so having a set plan for when those times might get off-track is helpful.  And this Saturday I'll be bartending from 4:00 until probably midnight, so I'll be partaking in whatever catered food is available.  I'll pack snacks and will probably also make myself an English muffin sandwich, but it won't be enough for the entire night - it never is.

I think I hear the baby waking up, so I guess I'll go tend to her.  You know, punish her for interrupting my VERY IMPORTANT BLOG.

Just kidding.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment