Monday, November 17, 2014

April's Body Boot Camp: Day 8

By Saturday morning (Day 6), I was down 4 lbs.  FOUR POUNDS!!  But then the weekend happened, as was expected.


It wasn't too bad, though.  I just ate some carbs over the weekend that I totally would have ignored during the week.  Saturday morning I had a bagel with cream cheese before my 5k race (my standard pre-race meal) and then I snacked on a bagel after the race.  The second bagel I could have done without.  But it was a Panera cinnamon crunch bagel........and if you've ever had a Panera cinnamon crunch bagel, then you know - YUM.

Saturday afternoon we hit up Portofino's in East Ridge for lunch, which is somewhere we eat pretty regularly.  I ate from the soup, salad and pizza bar, and I actually only allowed myself ONE slice of pizza, and I didn't even eat the edge crust.  But I still ate a slice of pizza. 


Saturday night we attended a wedding, which of course means catered food.  Again, I didn't do too bad.  I had a salad and some flank steak and some chicken and some hummus with pita bread and some bacon-wrapped shrimp and some cheese and some mashed potatoes with gravy.  So not the healthiest, but not the worst (not like my sloppy nachos last week).  But I definitely had a piece of wedding cake.  And some blueberry pie.

I totally stole this from Laura's Facebook page.  but I know she won't mind, because it's GORGEOUS!!

Sunday morning Lucas cooked a breakfast of eggs, bacon and biscuits.  I had eggs and bacon and half of a biscuit (with syrup drizzled on top.  OK FINE I SOAKED IT IN SYRUP).  For lunch I behaved - I had an Asian salad with tofu from F2O (though the spinach salad is still my fave).  For dinner we ate at my parents, which included cereal-crusted chicken, broccoli, baked potatoes and buttered french bread.  Then for dessert we had warm blueberry muffins with homemade honey butter spread. I also drank two delicious chocolate coffee stouts afterwards.

So today I'm back up 2 lbs from Friday.  Granted, that still puts me down 2 lbs in the first week, which is a healthy weight loss total for a single week.  It's still a bummer, though, to see that scale go back up!  But I have no one to blame but myself.  My self control is not the greatest, and I am fully aware of that!

So far today, I've had a bowl of oatmeal.  And I've got healthy snacks ready to go and healthy meals planned ahead!  So hopefully this week I'll toss those 2 lbs back into the universe.

Thanks for the advice, Cookie Monster......

Maybe this is how you all really feel about my weight loss blogs! HAHA

This one just made me laugh.

I do get that reading about what I ate the past few days might not be the most exciting thing in your day.  But writing about it keeps me accountable, which is what I'm going for.  It's like how the professionals tell you to keep a food journal if you're trying to watch what you eat......this is my food journal.  In a few weeks I'll get back to writing about some more interesting stuff!

As a teaser, I will tell you that I've missed a few calls over the past few weeks from a "restricted" number.  Any guesses as to who that might be??  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment