Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 23....It's Been 23 Days Already???

Holy crap.  23 days???  SERIOUSLY???

I am failing miserably.  Or not miserably, I guess.  But kind of mostly.


23 days into this get-a-little-skinnier-for-the-brother's-wedding plan and I'm not any better off than I was 23 days ago.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I've lost 2 lbs (though at one point I had lost 4.....then gained 2 back) and I did run a nice, solid 4-mile outdoor run over the Thanksgiving weekend in Nashville.  But I'm not fitting into any of my clothes better yet, which was the hope.

***WEDNESDAY MORNING UPDATE:  I can no longer claim to have lost those 2 lbs, as I seem to be right back where I started.  DANG.


At this point, I was hoping to have lost at least 6 lbs (~2 lbs a week), with 9-10 lbs as the goal by December 13th.  Since that hasn't happened (and the wedding is right around the corner), it's time to reset a new goal!  It's starting to get a little cliche, though, with the holidays as an excuse and all.  But the holiday season really does kinda screw it all up, which is why so many people make goals for after the New Year.  Well, here's my new goal:

Tomorrow is Wednesday, December 3rd.....the new Day 1.  Christmas Eve is 3 weeks from tomorrow (AHHHHHH!!!).  My goal is to lose 5 lbs by Christmas Eve, and possibly be able to fit a TAD better into my jeans.  But on top of that, my goal is also to be able to run 6 miles straight by then.  I should be able to run farther than that at this point, but it is what it is.......and I think given my current running mileage, 6 miles is a decent goal.

I'm signed up to run a free half marathon known as the Freeze Your Half Off here in Chattanooga on January 10th.  I know I'm not going to be able to run the whole thing (there will be a lot of walking going on, especially if I'm only running a 6-mile stretch by December 24th), but I want to see what I can do at that point, since the Scenic City Half Marathon (which I'm also signed up for) is 7 weeks after the freebie.  I REALLY want to be able to run all of the Scenic City Half.  As a runner, it's super disappointing to not be as good as I was just a short time ago.  Yeah, yeah....I've had 2 babies as an excuse.  And I wouldn't trade those 2 babies for the entire world.  But it's still a bummer not to have bounced back by now as I had hoped I would.  And I know it's my fault.  There are a million different things I could have done differently the past year.....I could have chosen to eat WAY better....I could have chosen to train harder....I could have chosen to focus on running with the double jogger more when that's my only running option (instead of trying to work more around nap schedules and my mom's availability and weather roadblocks and treadmill opportunities).....the list goes on.  And there are moms who do just that to get their bodies/strength/mojo back.  They want it, and so they GO for it, rain or shine, excuses pushed aside.  I'm ready to be that mom.  Now that Lucy is about to turn a year old, I'M READY TO BE THAT MOM.  I want my mojo back!

We'll see about that.

This isn't a pity party.  Don't think it is.  I'm just trying to pump myself up and get myself motivated.  :)

SO.  speaking of motivating myself.....I was looking at the Half Fanatics Race Calendar the other night, trying to pick and choose upcoming races to sign up for as motivation to get my ass in gear.  I'm doing the freebie in January, and the Scenic City in February.  And I'm also signed up for the Race 13.1 happening in Cleveland on May 2nd, which is 5 months away.  So obviously I decided I should look for a race in March and/or April as well.  On March 15th, I found the Asheville Half Marathon at the Biltmore Estate.  How cool would it be to run around the grounds of the Biltmore??  Totally cool.  So that's a possibility.  It's a pricey race (I missed out on the earlier pre-registration discounts), but it's AT THE BILTMORE.  Another possibility is the Raccoon Mountain Half Marathon happening here in Chattanooga on March 21st.  And in April, I found the Oak Barrel Half Marathon happening in Lynchburg on the 4th.  I don't know that I'll end up doing any of those races, but they're out there as possibilities, so we'll see.

On that note, it's time to go to bed.  Time to wake up tomorrow feeling healthy, refreshed and ready to run.  Who's with me?  ;)

Let's do this!  Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment