Saturday, May 9, 2015

Always Eat ALL THE FOOD While On Vacation.

Know what I'm doing right now?  GETTING FAT.

Oh......I'm totally sure of what's happening.

I was supposed to lose about 14 lbs by vacation time.  A vacation that was 100+ days away from my starting point.  You all witnessed me logging food and exercise for months.....almost the entire 100+ days.  It wasn't a perfect weight loss plan by any means.  I had big setbacks (usually during weekends) and my scale was often all over the road.  And my exercise wasn't nearly as vigorous as I had hoped or planned. 

Well, all that wishy-washy diet and exercise led up to a TOTAL FAIL.  A few days before our vacation started, I had lost about 3-4 lbs.  Nothing to write home about.  So given that my vacation was only a few days away, I basically just gave up completely.


I had zero plans to eat healthy during our vacation.  I fully intended to eat whatever I wanted, which is one of the reasons I wanted to be in better shape - I wanted that wiggle room to be able to do just that. And of course feel better in summer clothes and a bathing suit.

We've been on vacation 3 days now (it's actually now the morning of Day 4....EARLY in the morning because Delano was awake by 6:30) and I have certainly eaten whatever I've wanted.  I've had fried pickles and french fries and burgers piled high on thick buns.  I've had sugary cereal and chocolate and stout beer galore.  I've had creamy mashed potatoes and fish & chips and cream cheese blue crab dip.  It's been a great vacation in the food department so far. 

HOW DID THEY GET A PICTURE OF ME WHILE ON VACATION???

We still have 4 days left of vacation, with lots to do and a list of restaurants to hit up before we go.  My clothes are getting tighter and I certainly don't want a single photo of me in my swimsuit posted anywhere.  I plan to continue to enjoy my vacation without any limitations, as a vacation should be enjoyed.

But when I get back into town, I'm going to focus once again on losing this weight (after my body gets over being in shock from vacation detox).  And I need to think about what I'm going to do differently.  I need to be more committed and less wishy-washy.  A stricter plan, whatever plan I decide on.  And I certainly need to run more.  And not just on the treadmill.  I need to be doing longer runs outside.  So I guess I need to start breaking out the double jogger.  Talk about burning calories!

Well the rest of the house is starting to stir, so I'd better get back to vacation time!


No comments:

Post a Comment