Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The End of Vacation, The End of Fried Food.

My body has been protesting against my vacation diet.  I've had heartburn and restless leg syndrome, two things that I used to have regularly but haven't had at all since I started running and losing weight 4 years ago (not counting while pregnant).  So we can definitely conclude that my body is NOT HAPPY with my food choices lately!


We leave Savannah Tuesday, so Wednesday will be "back to real life" day.  The day that I go back to salads and veggies and healthy proteins and cut out the excessive carbs and the fried food and the junk and the copious amounts of sugar.  I might even get a run in on Wednesday.  Though if I do, I anticipate that it will be a short one.  But it will be a start towards building my body's stamina back up.


Oh wait......I have to pick up the dogs on Wednesday.  So maybe I'll get a treadmill run in there somewhere instead.  Doesn't matter!  ANY running will be good!

I'm sure my body's going to protest the detox from all the crap I've been eating, even though it's been protesting the "crap" all week.  I'm sure I'll crave everything I cut out....you know, the stuff I don't even normally eat!  What I will really miss, though, is the seafood.  We've had fresh shrimp and mussels and crawfish and crab and fish galore.  It's been DELISH.  And I can certainly eat seafood at home.....it's just not the same.

Disclaimer: That's not us, though they are a good-looking duo.  But we did indeed eat THAT.
A MUST when you visit Tybee Island.

I'm bummed that our vacation is soon-to-be over.  I wish we could stay and not have to worry about reality for a little while longer.  But it will also be good to get home and in our own place and not be living out of suitcases.  I would also say it will be good to sleep in my own bed, but this bed here is really comfortable so I've had no complaints about that!  What's going to stink is spending 6ish hours in the car completely sunburned.  Yep, both Lucas and I got TOASTED yesterday at the beach.  We managed to fully slather the kiddos in sunscreen, but we didn't fully slather ourselves.  We also didn't expect to be at the beach for as long as we were (the kiddos weren't so keen on it the first day we went).  So now we're covered in AfterBurn gel and are avoiding touching things.  Falling asleep last night was a challenge!


Besides having to go back to work (I bartend both Friday and Sunday night, and I go in for about an hour or two on Thursday night as well), I've got a "To Do" list to attack.  I won't have to worry about laundry (we washed all of our dirties here yesterday so we could go home with clean clothes) but the bathrooms need attention, and so do all of the floors.  I also have a ton of emails to sort through (and emails to send), and we'll need to hit up the grocery store for sure.  I need to balance my checkbook and figure out my budget for the next few weeks......I haven't had an environmental project in quite a while so my personal bank account is feeling the squeeze.  I've also got projects that I've started and projects that I've wanted to start over the summer.  And given that it's almost June, it's definitely summer!

Time to wrap this up.  The whole crew is now awake and so I guess I should snag a bowl of cereal and then start packing!



No comments:

Post a Comment