Thursday, May 28, 2015

9 Points......LIAR!

Know what's a bummer?  When you find out your 9-point lunch on Tuesday was indeed NOT a 9-point lunch but a 20-point lunch.  I looked up what I was going to eat before I got to the restaurant (Red Robin), and so I had a game plan that I was happy with before I even walked in the door.  But today I discovered that the menu item (the chicken caesar wrap) is accidentally listed TWICE in the Weight Watchers mobile app......once as a 9-pointer and a second time as a 20-pointer.  I'm not really sure how that happened.  My mom and I used her Calorie King app to look up the nutrition info (fat, carbs, fiber and protein) to input into the Weight Watchers points calculator, and sure enough......it was 20 points.


It's not that big a deal.  I didn't gain any weight this week due to my 20-point lunch (which took me over my daily value by at least 11 points), but it's just a bummer that I didn't do as well as I thought I did that day!  I've been doing REALLY well at staying within or just a few points above my daily limit.  It's also a bummer that if I were to go back and edit my tracking info for that day, it would put a dramatic dent in the bonus points that I've been saving up for the weekend.

So guess what?  I'm going to pretend like those extra 11 points never happened.  :)


That's right, Obama.  We're going to just throw those 11 points away with the garbage.  Bye bye, points.  You never existed.

Another thing that happened today was that I mildly crashed and burned between about 3:00pm and 6:00pm.  I was suddenly starving and more "snacky" than I've been in this entire two weeks.  I drank water and ate some fruit, but it just wasn't quenching my hunger pains.  So I ended up eating a few slices of turkey deli meat (which was only about 1 point), a few pinches of shredded cheese (about 3 points) and a handful of mini marshmallows (also about 3 points).  I was still hungry, though.  I blame it on the giant bag of jellybeans I bought today......what I REALLY wanted to do was sit down on the couch with the bag and go to town!  And I'll admit......I may have eaten a couple.  Not a "serving", but a couple.

I have NOT looked this up on Snopes, so I have no idea if this is even remotely true.  Smells like BS to me.

So.....why do I have a giant bag of jellybeans as well as access to mini marshmallows at my house?  We all know that I know better.  Candy in this house doesn't have a fighting chance when I'm around.  Especially candy that I think is DELICIOUS, like Jelly Belly jellybeans in all their bazillion flavors, and marshmallows (PEEPS FOREVER, Y'ALL).  Well, yesterday my 2 1/2-year-old randomly asked to sit on the potty.  And then he tried really hard (grunting, groaning, red face and all) to pee while on it.  His pee attempt was a fail (because he didn't have to pee), but I was so like YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY just that he even tried that I immediately jumped on the candy incentive bandwagon to keep that train in motion.  Jelly beans and mini marshmallows are two of his favorite things.  My mom introduced Delano to mini marshmallows at her house a long time ago, and he became hooked.  He pretends that he has marshmallows in his pockets constantly.  Then Lucas and I bought a small single-serve box of jelly beans for his Easter basket this year, allowing him 5 jelly beans each night if he ate his dinner, and he got hooked.  His favorite thing is learning what the flavors are and deciding if he thinks they taste like their designated flavor (even though he actually has no idea if a cotton candy jellybean really tastes like the real thing).  So after yesterday's Almost-Peefest, I promised Delano that anytime he sat on the potty and tried to go, he would get either a jellybean or a marshmallow (his choice).  And that if he peed on the potty he would get FIVE jellybeans or marshmallows.  And that if he pooped on the potty, he would get BOTH jellybeans AND marshmallows - lots of them.

There they are.....the jars of incentive in all of their bathroom glory.

Today, Delano sat on the potty twice - the first time because he was trying to pee, the second time because he claimed he was going to poop.  Neither happened, but he did earn himself several high fives, a jellybean and a marshmallow in the process.  Then Lucy decided she needed to earn marshmallows, so she ALSO sat on the potty twice.  Though the second time, the moment she was on the potty she pointed to the jar of marshmallows, held out her hand and said "hand" (as in she wanted me to put one in her hand) so I'm not so sure she's in it for the pee or poop.  She's just simply decided she's smarter than we are.  Sitting on the potty = a marshmallow.  WIN.

Lucy is consistently Charlie Sheen.  It's kind of disturbing.  She's going to leave us dumb and confused by the time she's in kindergarten, and we're going to be left wondering what the hell happened.

On the plus side to my surplus points disappointment, I did manage to get 2 treadmill runs in this week so far!  One on Tuesday (2.5 miles) and one on Wednesday (3.1 miles).  I won't have time to get a run in on Friday, but I can squeeze one in on Saturday morning for sure.  I was supposed to run up in Nashville this past Monday morning, but it was raining, so that plan was foiled.

Stop making me look like a wus, Joel.

I was supposed to get in a couple of outdoor double jogger runs this week, but it's been raining since Monday.  That's actually no excuse.....the rain has been sporadically off and on and my double jogger BFF Stacie (she's actually my ONLY double jogger runner friend, unless my other runner friend Angie has a double) has gone running EVERY DAY this week without getting wet.  So my rain excuse is total BS because of her.  The intimidation factor is definitely because of her, though.  The girl can run 5 miles pushing a double jogger - hills and all - and she's building up to running farther than that as her stamina builds.  And she wants me to run with her.  Which is great incentive to get out there and do it (because I WANT to be able to do that, plus I love Stacie and would love to squeeze in the girl time as often as possible) but yet I know I would be the ole' ball and chain during the whole experience.......as in I MIGHT make it a mile pushing a double jogger before I would need to stop running while pushing a double jogger.  Because I haven't pushed my double jogger during a run in AGES.  That shit is hard.  Not only am I running, but I'm running while pushing approximately 55 lbs.  An uneven 55 lbs at that......35 lbs on one side, 20 lbs on the other (though that "fact" is probably not even remotely accurate, since the stroller likely distributes the weight evenly).  Regardless, that's 55 lbs during a run that I'm not used to dealing with.  But I need to GET used to dealing with it.  So I just need to suck it up and get my ass out there.  Right, Stacie?


Time to go.....it's late and I've got a few more things I need to do before heading to bed.  As the Shape Bandit would say......"toodle-de-doo!" (You just blinked in confusion while my kids just cracked up.)


No comments:

Post a Comment