Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

We're in Nashville this weekend, visiting the in-laws.  I ran The Color Run 5k yesterday morning, which was fine.  The run itself was nice and the weather was fantastic.  It just would have been more fun if I hadn't been running it by myself!

My before pic.
My after pic.  The camera doesn't portray just how much silver glitter I was covered in.  You can see a little on my forehead!

I had a nice run, I got a cool T-shirt (not the one in the pic - that's my old one), a fun headband and an unexpected medal (the last time I ran this race there wasn't a medal at the finish line!).  The glitter was also unexpected.....a new addition since last time!

I'm planning on hitting the pavement again tomorrow morning for a few miles.  It's supposed to rain, but hopefully it will hold off until later in the day.  The last time I ran around Nashville, I ran from Lucas's parents' house down to the Cumberland River and back.  I had wanted it to be at least 5 miles but I think it ended up being just short of 4 miles.  I'll probably do that again tomorrow, though I may run around the Shelby Park a little more to tack on some mileage.  We'll see......it's hilly, so it will just depend on how I'm feeling.  But I should definitely take advantage of longer outdoor runs any time I get the chance.

East Nashville, from the in-laws' house to the river.

I've been doing pretty well with my Weight Watchers plan while out of town as well!  I've definitely eaten up more points during my meals than I would if I were at home, but I also had almost all of my extra points saved up for the weekend and I earned a few more extra points with my runs this week.  So even with the wine I've had over the past 2 days and the 2 slices of pizza I had last night, I should still be perfectly fine for the week!  The weekly bonus points start over tomorrow, so I just have to make it through today.  ;)


I can't weigh in tomorrow since we won't be home until later in the day, so I'll have to do my weekly weigh-in on Tuesday morning.  Then on Tuesday I'll be back to the usual daily grind!

Next weekend I work three nights in a row - Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  That means three nights of trying to be good but still eating a little bit of catered food because after a 5/6/7-hour shift, it happens.  So I'll just have to be more conscious of how many bites I take and what bites those are.

Mmmmmmmm........food galore!

I still haven't picked a race for June.  Maybe I'll do that now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment