Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Post-Vacation Health O'Meter

Hey kids!  Last time we talked, I was fat and happy (minus heartburn and RLS) and on vacation.  That was a week ago.  Now that I'm back, I'm a tad bit skinnier!


We got back into town last Tuesday night, and my final hoorah was chips and salsa, a taco salad and a set of peach margaritas from Amigo.

Wednesday was a whole new day.

For starters, I signed up for Weight Watchers.  And not only did I sign up for Weight Watchers, but I signed up for a Personal Coach......so I signed with the big leagues.  I AM IN IT TO WIN IT.

I don't have nearly as much weight to lose, but I want to feel like THAT.

I've done Weight Watchers Online before without a personal coach, and after a few weeks I fizzled out on keeping up with my points and what not.  I've only spoken to my coach once so far (we have another meeting tomorrow morning), but I can already tell that having a coach is going to make a HUGE difference.  Instead of just disappointing myself, I'd be disappointing HER if I gave up.  And that's exactly what has kept me motivated the past week - being able to report positive feedback to my coach.

Not that I can't talk to my coach anytime I want to, but the "norm" is once a week unless you just really need a pep talk or kick in the ass.  She's kind of like my sponsor.

For in times like this.........

So far, I've lost 5 lbs!!  Of course, my weight loss also had a bit of a kick start this past Sunday with a bout of a stomach bug......one that stuck around for 3 days.  I'm on the mend today, but I still haven't been able to eat all that much yet.  I also haven't been able to run, which was a part of my plan (of course).  I attempted to run on Monday when I thought I was on the mend, but I only made it half a mile before I thought I was going to throw up.  So I wrapped that idea up real quick and called it a day.

This weekend I'm running the Color Run 5k in Nashville, so hopefully I'll be fully recovered from this sick crap and ready to run!  I hate being sick.  I very rarely get sick (I don't even normally suffer from allergies) so when I do it super stinks because I'm never prepared for it.  Plus, being sick with kids is a whole new ballgame from being sick pre-kids.

My Saturday to come.

I still haven't registered for any races in June.  I'd better get on that if I plan to get in at least one race a month this year!  I had thought about doing the BlueCross Riverbend Run 10k on June 6th, but now that the hubs is going out of town that weekend, it's not exactly feasible.  I could do the 5k and take the kiddos, but I'd like to do something a little longer than a 5k.  So maybe I'll shop around on Active.com and see what's out there.

Especially when I'm actually in shape!

I'm excited to be back on the wagon.  A wagon with a plan.  Now, instead of logging food into blog posts, I'm logging food into my Weight Watchers app and will just report my successes (and failures) to my coach (and you guys) to keep myself accountable.  Hopefully I can keep up this momentum for more than just the first week or two, when everything's still kind of new and exciting.  I want to carry this momentum through the summer and shed these pounds.  By the end of the summer, I want to have all of my fat clothes packed away and out of sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment