Monday, December 29, 2014

The New NEW Day One. Sigh.

So here we go AGAIN.  Not just AGAIN, but AGAIN again.

If you look at the word "again" for too long, especially in all caps, it starts to look weird.  Like you're spelling it wrong.



So anyway.....after a fabulous holiday season full of food and drinks and laziness and gaining even a few MORE pounds, I am determined to get back on track.  And I started today.  I had Greek yogurt and a fruit pouch for breakfast.  I would have eaten a bowl of oatmeal as well, but I was running around and didn't ever get around to fixing the oatmeal.  For lunch I had a bowl of chicken tortilla soup and a grilled chicken salad with sweet tea.  I didn't have an afternoon snack (I never got hungry), and for dinner I had one of the specials from Acropolis that included some grilled filet, a grilled lamb chop, some grilled shrimp, a bacon-wrapped scallop, some mashed potatoes and some grilled asparagus.  With dinner I drank one draft Terrapin Milk Stout.

I also ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill this evening.  I would have gone farther (I was shooting for 5 miles) but the inside of my right knee was bothering me and I didn't want to push it.

EXACTLY what I look like while on a treadmill.

My current goal is to lose 15 pounds in 9 weeks.  That's less than 2 pounds a week.  That requires being vigilant about eating better and getting my ass on the treadmill on a super regular basis.  Burn baby, burn.



I went from pregnant, to not pregnant but still in maternity clothes, to being forced to give up the maternity clothes, to buying fat jeans (we ALL have fat jeans....or at least old, nasty, well-loved stretchy pants), to back into my regular jeans, to back into the fat jeans.  I want to get out of these fat jeans for good.  They don't fit all that well because my curves aren't in the right spots, they don't look good and they don't make me feel good.  I also despise having a closet full of clothes that I can't wear.  Super frustrating. 

So there you go.  Welcome to the new NEW Day One.


No comments:

Post a Comment