Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I Surrender (at least for the next 10 days).

I give up.  I surrender to the holiday season. 

......when it comes to food.

We're out of town the entire week of Christmas, at my in-laws' house to spread our Christmas cheer.  Everywhere you turn in this house, there are goodies to eat.  I can't open a single container, cabinet or refrigerator door in this house without finding holiday cookies, bread, candy or snacks of some kind.  Most of it is homemade, though there are also things like Reese's cups, Cheez-Its, truffles and chocolate-covered raisins.  It's purely sinful in here.

Basically what it looks like in here.

Mornings consist of eggs, bacon, potatoes and homemade bread of some kind, with overnight french toast as the plan for Christmas morning.  We had broccoli & cheese stuffed baked potatoes for dinner Sunday night, and beef stew for dinner last night.  Lunches are a free-for-all, so yesterday I ate leftovers from Mojo Burrito (which was what we had for lunch on Sunday before we left town) and today I had a ham and cheese wrap with some cheese and crackers on the side.  Turkey and mashed potatoes and broccoli are on the menu for tonight.

I was supposed to go for a run yesterday (this area of town is fabulous for running and so I love to go run when I visit), but the kids' sleep schedules were off and so I ended up slacking and not going.  I decided to postpone my run until today's afternoon naps (which are happening now, TOGETHER), but it looks like I should have gone first thing this morning instead of planning for the afternoon because Nashville is now under water.

Our current predicament.  And it's moving to the northeast.

If I were hard core, I'd go anyway.  I'd throw on my clothes and hit the pavement and just run in the rain until I was too cold and wet and couldn't stand it anymore.  But I didn't prepare for rain when I packed.  I didn't bring my hat to block the rain from my eyes, nor did I even bring my sunglasses (since I kind of lost them - I know exactly where I left them, I just doubt they're still there).  So instead, I think I'll just put it off (again) until tomorrow.  And this time I'll check the weather radar ahead of time.  I know it's also supposed to rain some more tomorrow, but I'll check to see where the breaks in the rain are and go from there.

Yeah, yeah, Google.  WHATEVS.

So I'm surrendering and throwing in the towel on my weight loss goals for 2014.  I wanted to hit my personal ultimate fit & trim goal weight (123 lbs) by September 26th (Leah's wedding).......it didn't happen.  Time went by, goals were reset, yada yada.....and I changed my ultimate goal date to December 13th (Brian's wedding).  It still didn't happen.  Not only did I not reach my goal or make it even anywhere close to my goal, but I'm back where I started at the very beginning.  I'm pretty sure I'm even a few pounds OVER where I started.  But at this point, with being out of town, and with it being the holidays, and with ALL THE FOOD EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME, I just quit.  For the next 6-10 days, I quit.  I'm going to eat hearty breakfasts and graze on holiday goodies all day and enjoy my afternoon beer with all of the holiday spirit I can muster.  Because when it's all said and done, I've still gotta start at the beginning to lose this weight!!


We go back home this Sunday.  So I will either start from scratch with a new attitude on Monday (the 29th) or just hold off until January 1st as a whole 2015 New Year resolution plan.

Speaking of resolutions, I need to make mine.  As cliche as it is, I always make them and write them out, though I know they don't typically pan out.  I'm usually pretty proud if I make at least two of them happen (even if they aren't the "big" ones).  In fact, I should look up what my resolutions were for 2014.....they may be exactly the same as what I would plan on for 2015!  Probably very cliche as well......lose weight, run more, get back in shape, and so on.

It sounds so easy on paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment