Sunday, August 31, 2014

September = Crazy Busy.

Tomorrow is the 1st of September.  And even though tomorrow is a holiday and so the week won't actually start until Tuesday, I'm already anticipating how mad-busy this month is going to be.

I really should enjoy tomorrow with every fiber in my being.  What should I do??  I'm thinking a morning run with the kiddos is a superb idea, as long as it's not pouring down rain.  I also think swinging by the Jack and Jill consignment sale is a definite must.  BECAUSE CONSIGNMENT.

Speaking of consignment and hand-me-downs, let me just say that Lucy's wardrobe LACKS FOR NOTHING.  Two of my friends passed down outgrown clothes from their little girls' closets (mainly sizes 9 and 12 months which is what Lucy will be wearing over the fall and winter), and then one of Lucas's coworkers passed along five large diaper boxes jam-packed with girls' clothes ranging from 3 months to 24 months (mostly 3-12 months).  This was on top of the boxes of clothes I already had in the closet waiting for Lucy (that I had forgotten about).  Needless to say, I had clothes coming out of my ears this past week!!

The five boxes that Lucas brought home.  Yes, Pampers....."huge box" is right.
The boxes I already had in the closet.

I sorted through all of those clothes and finally got everything organized.  Thank goodness.

I'm still buying things for Delano for fall/winter.  So far I've bought 6 pairs of pants, 12 long-sleeved shirts, 12 footie pajamas, 2 hoodies, 1 sweater vest, 1 heavy coat, 4 pairs of shoes and a pair of snow boots.  That sounds like a lot, but he'll need more pants for sure, more shirts and hoodies (or jackets) and probably another few pairs of shoes, because even though the shoes I bought all claim to be size 7, two of them fit more like a 6, which is what he's in right now.  I should also probably buy a couple of sweaters for pictures or nice events.

But back to my busy month.......starting with this week.

I bartend events at the Hunter Museum both Tuesday and Friday night, and bartend a HUGE fundraising event at the Aquarium Thursday night.  On Wednesday night, I have a meeting at the Aquarium regarding the event on Thursday night.  On Saturday, I'm hosting one of my BFF's bridal shower, which is a two-fer.....lingerie shower at 2:00 followed by a crafting party (help put together the wedding decor) at 4:30.  I also have two environmental work projects that I accepted this past Friday afternoon.  Both projects are here in town, which means I don't have to travel anywhere, but I still have to schedule two site visits and run around gathering all of my research for the reports, which I will have to work on AFTER I get home from my bartending shifts when everyone is in bed.  The second week I have 2-3 bartending shifts during the week and the Tap N' Run 4k on Saturday.  The third week I have 2 bartending shifts, both environmental reports due, a wedding on Thursday evening and a bachelorette dinner on Saturday.  The fourth week I have 2 bartending shifts, an eye doctor appointment for Delano, a wedding rehearsal on Thursday evening, a wedding on Friday evening and then a well-deserved Wine Over Water date night with the hubs on Saturday.  Then just like that, the month of September is over.  Whew!



Which is why tomorrow, I plan to pretend like I don't have ANY of that coming up.  But there's now a curve ball......both of my kids have snotty-nose colds.  So there's the chance that tomorrow could turn out to be kind of miserable.  Or worse, my kids decide to pass on their snotty-nose colds to me.  Because that's exactly what I need right now!!

On that note, I think I'm going to go take some Vitamin C and hop in the shower to wash off the "sick".  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment