Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Breakups Are Hard (Part 3)

I've got two or three blog posts already started that are in mid-post, but this one took precedence. 

For those of you unfamiliar with my Breakups Are Hard saga, you can catch up by reading my first Breakups Are Hard post followed by Breakups Are Hard (Part 2).  For those "in the know", I'll just briefly refresh and carry on.

I broke up with April this past April (not a typo).  That was four months ago.  And we all know she took it WELL.  She DID NOT appreciate being broken up with.  She was upset, angry, bitter and threw a fit.  I ended up blocking her cell number as well as all "anonymous" callers, since her home phone is a private number and therefore shows up as "anonymous".


Fast-forward to mid-July.  July 14th, to be exact.  My cell phone rings from a number I don't recognize.  I didn't answer (duh) and they didn't leave a message.  I figured it was a wrong number.  It didn't call back and I didn't think twice about it.  Ten days later, the same number calls again.  Then a week after that, again.  Four days after that (August 4th), AGAIN. 

August 5th - twice
August 6th - once
August 7th - once

Then there was a break for a week.  On August 14th, I got two calls from the number.  On August 15th, I got FIVE calls.....two from the number and three from a "restricted" number.  On August 16th, I missed four calls between those two numbers.  And on August 17th, I missed two calls.  Crazily enough, she actually left a voicemail Sunday morning.  In a nutshell, she asked me to call her back.


I actually tried to answer once before, just to verify that it WAS her and to tell her to STOP CALLING.  But when I answered, there was no one there, the line was dead. 

After the last two calls practically back-to-back this past Sunday, I was OVER IT and didn't want to see that phone number ever again.  So I called her back.  There was no answer and no voicemail (they don't activate their voicemail).  But I KNEW she would see my missed call and call again.

Sure enough, Monday morning, she called me back.  Here's how the convo started:

Her:  Hey, what are you doing?
Me:  Returning your call to find out why you're calling me.
Her:  I called to talk to you.  How are you?
Me:  I'm fine.
Her:  How are the kids?
Me:  They're good.
Her:  Delano's birthday is today, isn't it?
Me:  It was Saturday.
Her:  I bet he's big now!  How old is Lucy now?  Is she crawling or anything?
Me:  She's 7 1/2 months, and yes, she's crawling.  But I'm done with the small talk.  We're not going to talk about the kids.  Why the hell have you been calling me over and over and over for the past month?


I asked her if she realized how annoying it was to have someone call you over and over and over again for over a month when you're obviously NOT answering because you don't want to talk to them.  I asked her why she thought it was okay to start calling me again from a different number when I had obviously blocked her other number.......Basically she was hoping we could clear the air and start over with a clean slate.  She had hoped that enough time had passed that I would allow just that to happen.  She denied changing numbers, saying it was the same number and that she had just thought I had unblocked her.  Of course I called her out on that one.  She said that the day that I answered the phone, she heard me say "hello" just as she was clicking to hang up.  She said she thought I decided to answer that day because of her text messages.  When I told her I hadn't received any text message from her, she said (wait for it......my favorite part of the conversation......) she had texted asking if she could maybe swing by and see the kids.


I told her that I had no interest in rekindling our former friendship.  She accused me of still being mad and carrying a grudge about something stupid she had said in the heat of being over-emotional.  I told her that I wasn't mad and that I'm not carrying any grudges, that I'm JUST NOT INTERESTED in being friends.  That ship has sailed.  Then the conversation started being a repeat of the conversation we had already had twice before four months ago......that she didn't understand......if I wasn't mad at her then why couldn't we be friends....why couldn't I get over the past......yada yada yada.  When I told her I wasn't doing this again, that we had already had this conversation and that the answers were all the same, she started to cry.

She boo-hooed out, "Why are you DOING this to me????"

I told her I wasn't "doing" anything to her.  That this was just how it is.  Sometimes relationships don't work out.

By the end of the conversation, we had concluded that she shouldn't call me ever again, but that I wasn't below saying hello if we happened to see each other out and about, like at a Humane Society event.  She did toss in that if I come to the Humane Society, maybe I'll bring the kids with me.

Um, NO.  If I go to an HES event, they'll be staying home.  But at this point I'm pretty much steering clear of HES events anyway.  Partly because of April, but mostly because I just don't have the time right now to be actively involved.  And really, SHE'S not even that actively involved.  She just goes to the parties.  And in the past, she would always call me to find out if I was going to go.






I know that some of you will still think I'm being way too nice, and I get that.  It's hard for me to be mean, because I'm just NOT mean.  Even to people who deserve a reality check.  I might THINK mean girl thoughts in my mind and talk about the BATSHIT CRAZIES walking around out there with my BFFs (or blog about them because I know they won't read it), but that's typically as far as it gets.



However, I will agree that this is the last straw with this particular crazy.  I plan on changing my cell number in the near future so that when she changes her own number AGAIN it won't matter.  And if I DO see her out and she wants to try to have this conversation for the upteenth time, I'll probably flip my lid.  And I KNOW she'll cry and I KNOW I'll feel horrible for flipping my lid on someone who just so desperately wants a best friend, BUT THIS SHIT HAS GOTTA STOP.  I was fine with her when she was just weird and odd and obviously lonely.  It was when the crazy emerged that it took that turn down into the toilet.

Next time - No more Mr. Nice Guy.  Or would that be Mrs. Nice Woman?

When I Googled "Mr. Nice Guy" for an image I got pictures of weed.  So we'll just leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. I love the imagines you choose in your blog! I got to the end and thought for a moment the weed photo was an ad and thought wow we are advertising that in the web now lol

    ReplyDelete