Saturday, August 30, 2014

I'm Not 22 Anymore.

Amanda and I had a date night last night.  A mommy date night with NO KIDDOS.  And it was amazeballs.


Well.....it was kind of amazeballs.

We had dinner at Easy Bistro, which was delish.  We had their summer succotash as an appetizer, which I could have eaten a huge bowl of as my meal had that been an option.  I actually wish I was eating it right now.  Then Amanda had their summer tomato salad and the roasted chicken entree and I had the French onion soup and the mussels entree.  Then we had bread pudding for dessert.  ALL YUM.

After dinner we headed over to The Big Chill because we had never been to their new location.  It was NICE in there, especially since it's now a nonsmoking joint.  We sat at the bar, gossiped, and watched music videos of the songs the DJ was playing.

That should have been the end of our night, but we didn't stop there.  We found out that our buddy KT was in town and sitting over at CBC.  So we headed over there and proceeded to close it down.  Which meant that I got home around 3:00am.


So really, last night WAS amazeballs.  It's today that's not so amazeballs.  I would like to just go to sleep and wake up and it be tomorrow, because I know how fantastic I'm going to feel tomorrow and I'm already excited about it.  But alas, I have little people to take care of.  And the hubs is out of town for the weekend so there's only me to make sure the little people stay alive and fed and at least a little bit clean.

I did manage to go to Target this afternoon.  I dropped the kids off at my parents' house since they were home so that I could shop alone.  Since I feel so superb today, that was a super bonus.  I got a few groceries and knocked a few other things off my list.  And I may or may not have bought myself some peanut butter M&Ms.

Yesterday during the day, Amanda and I met up with some other local moms at Crabtree Farms to meet their new baby goat and have a picnic.  Though it was hot out, we sat on blankets in the shade and had a really great time.  I was a little hesitant about going and hanging out with moms that I didn't know, because you just never know what you're getting yourself into.  But these moms were pretty awesome, so now we have 4 new mom friends and 6 new kiddo friends!

Goats!
Baby Nutmeg.
And a sheep.
And geese.  There were also beehives we admired.
Four of the eight kiddos, playing with leaves and dirt.

Lucy turned 8 months old today!!  Only four more months until my SECOND child is a year old!!!  That is so crazy to me.  She's crawling and pulling herself up and saying "mama" though it's not actually directed at me yet.

Where is the time going??

Weeds, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment