Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bloggity Blog and a Weekend Wedding.

It's 12:38 am on Sunday night.  You might assume that I haven't gone to bed yet OR that I'm up with the baby, but you would be mistaken.  The baby is sound asleep and I was in bed.  But I rolled over onto my stomach/chest and realized I had a knot in my left boob.  Aka a clogged milk duct.  So now I'm up pumping and crossing all my toes and fingers that I don't wake up in the morning with mastitis AGAIN.  So since I'm up, I figured I'd finish one of my blogs that I only got partway through either last week or the week before.  So here it is.  Be prepared to be awed.  Only kidding, of course.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love blogs.

I love my blog.  Not because I think I'm an awesome blogger or anything (I'm obviously not a famous one), but because I love to write.  It's my online diary.  And my plan is to print out all of my blogs one day (in all of that spare time that I have) and put them in a binder for a hard copy version.  If I was fancy, I'd scrapbook them in yearly increments (I'm not sure I'm that fancy, though).  In the storybook version of my life that happens in my mind, one of my kids will be sentimentally attached to my blogs and keep them forever and ever and then pass them down to an equally sentimental grandchild.  My legacy will live on.  Except that instead of hand-written cursive love letters on faded paper to my soldier overseas, my children and their children's children will have printouts of my blog.

SO 2014.

I love to read famous blogs, especially funny ones.  One of my favorite famous bloggers is The Bloggess.  She makes me laugh until my side hurts and I snort.  One of my most favorite blogs from her has to do with Beyonce, the big metal chicken.  This blog post actually made it into a magazine, which was the first place I read it.  I CRIED.  And now I have my own big metal chicken standing guard on my front porch, which my parents actually bought for me BECAUSE of that particular blog.  His name is Jay-Z.  Lucas doesn't share my love of Jay-Z (just like Victor doesn't share Jenny's love of Beyonce).  But I don't care.  And I think Jay-Z needs a mate.

"Knock Knock Mother $#%%er" is one of my most fave lines EVER.

But apparently nowadays, that mate wouldn't be Beyonce.........

Another famous blog I follow is Diary of a Fit Mommy.  I think I follow this one just to torture myself.

She had a baby SIX MONTHS AGO.  Torture, I tell ya.  Though her blog is supposed to be "inspiring" and not depressing.  As I cry into my Bud Light Raz-ber-Rita.

Another blog I like is Scary Mommy.  She's super funny as well.  Her blog about getting her first Brazilian wax will show you that she has no shame.  Which I like.

But I also love to read my friends' blogs.  I've got some really witty, funny friends, y'all.  And I get excited every time I see a new post by them.  But even for the friends who aren't comedians, I enjoy reading their blogs to stay in tune with their life.  I enjoy reading about what's going on with people from their point of view, whether it's awesome, just okay, or flat-out crappy.  It makes you feel like your own life is so much more normal than you maybe originally thought.  Because everybody has awesome days, just okay days and flat-out crappy days.  Just not everybody talks about them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there was the blog that I started.  But now, at this point, I don't know how to finish it or even what my original plan to finish it was.  So I'm just going to completely switch gears.

This past weekend was all about weddings and beer!  Woohoo!



My friend Laura and her fiance Jason eloped on the walking bridge this past Saturday morning, and I was the one to marry them!  Jason, Lucas, my mom and the kids (Delano, Lucy and Madelyn) stood near the art district end of the bridge while Laura (and I) processioned across the length of the bridge from Frazier Avenue.  IT WAS HOT, Y'ALL, but we didn't care because it was also GORGEOUS out.  Miller Photography of Chattanooga was there to take photos, and I can't wait to see them because I know he got some good ones.  After the "I Do's", we walked up to Tony's Pasta Shop for lunch, and then went our separate ways for a couple of hours to let all of the kiddos nap.  Later in the day we headed over to Brewfest on the riverfront to lounge in the grass, relax and drink some good beer.  Lucas and I called it a night around 9:30 (the kids were OVER IT) but not before we dropped the newlyweds off at City Cafe for a late-night after-beer dinner and a giant piece of cake to designate as their wedding cake.  IT WAS A GOOD DAY.

Delano playing with his bag of toys at Brewfest.
Lucy and Mama hanging out at Brewfest.

Really, it was a good weekend.  We grilled out at our place Friday night with the happy couple (and of course Maddy) after they got into town, and then we sent them home Sunday afternoon after a must-have brunch experience at Food Works.

It's now 1:16 am.  I think I've pumped out as much as I'm going to get.  The knot is completely gone, so that's a good sign!  But now I've only got 2-3 hours before Lucy wakes up for her usual night feeding.  So tomorrow might be a long day.  On the plus side, I now have some unexpected pumped milk to freeze!


No comments:

Post a Comment