Monday, October 1, 2012

Kicking It Into High Gear

Well, it's October!

I love October.  It's one of my absolute favorite months.  I love the weather, the fall colors, pumpkin spiced everything and all the festivities leading up to Halloween.  It's a good time of year for those who live here in the valley.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins.  I just ate all 6 and gained 2 lbs per muffin by simply looking at the picture!

This October will have all of those things, but will also be a little more involved on my end.  You see, it's now time for me to kick it into high gear.  Here are my goals for the month of October:
  1. Give up the junk food.  Especially the fast food.  It has GOT TO GO.  'Nuf said.
  2. Wean myself back into a mostly vegetarian diet.  Or at least a "happy cow" diet.
  3. Run at least 3 days a week and get back up to doing 5 mile runs by the end of the month.  I'm signed up for a 5k on the 20th, so I'll need to be up to at least 3.1 by then!
  4. Break out the jogging stroller and become friends with the pavement once again.
Also in there (between the lines) is "Slim down my baby belly", but hopefully that will be a direct result of everything above.  If nothing really changes in that department, then I'm going to have to add in "Shop for new clothes" during the month of November.  I'm currently teetering between my pre-pregnancy jeans and my maternity jeans.  My maternity jeans are too big and my pre-preggo jeans are too small.  I can wear either pair and get by.  But I can't live on two pairs of ill-fitting jeans forever!

This is what I look like in my pre-preggo jeans.  Except that I don't feel quite as confident as this rock star.  I bet she never needs new clothes.
So that's my plan!  Of course I do realize that my 6 1/2 week-old will toss in curveballs left and right, but hopefully between the two of us we can establish enough of a routine together to make things work.  :)

P.S.  Here's the recipe for those Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins in case they were just too much to handle visually.  I'm thinking I need to make them myself as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment