Thursday, October 25, 2012

Delano, Races and The Walking Dead

Today is my parents' 37th wedding anniversary!  Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!!!

Dr. Clay called again today....he said he didn't have any luck with any of the area pediatric dentists regarding the laser needed to treat Delano's tongue tie.  SO that means I'm going to need to make an appointment with the Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt (where the frenotomy surgeon is) up in Nashville.  But I am COMPLETELY fine with that, because they will know exactly what they're doing.  And because they're at Vanderbilt and I trust Vanderbilt!

The fate of my boobies lies within this building.
If this whole tongue tie thing doesn't pan out (or simply doesn't work), I am ALL out of ideas!!  I won't give up, though.  This child will continue to suck on my boobs until I decide he's too old.  Of course once I start adding in solid foods and he breastfeeds less, it may just get less painful by default of more time between feedings.  But he WILL be breastfed!

Never give up!!  Never surrender!!
I guess, though, I should really stop asking Delano if he's "ready for some titty" by the time he's able to repeat that.  Not very appropriate, one might say.

In other baby news....

Delano is 10 weeks old today!  And according to my mom's baby scale, he weighs right at 11 lbs.  He smiles ALL the time now, including randomly at strangers.  He's also started vocalizing a lot more, squeaking and cooing and gurgling here and there, especially in the evenings when Lucas is talking to him.  He can hold his head up with minimal wobbling, and he loves to use those legs to "stand up".  He's also taken a fancy to drooling and occasionally spitting up his stomach contents, so I often smell like an open carton of milk walking around.  He's just growing up so fast!  I want him to slow down!

Strike a pose......vogue.
A SUPER awesome part of him growing up is his evolving sleeping habits.  A few weeks ago he slept one night for 8 1/2 hours straight.  But it was short-lived as the next night he was up about every 3 hours.  However, the past 3 nights have been like a dream.....8 1/2 hours straight Monday night, 7 hours straight Tuesday night and 7 1/2 hours straight last night.  SO NICE.  But you know I just jinxed it......we're partying all night tonight!!  Woohoo!!

Yes....yes....you are getting very sleepy....
We also took the jogger out for an actual run for the first time yesterday.  Leah joined us at the Riverwalk to get in her run for the day, though I warned her that I wasn't sure how my first jogger run would go or even what Delano would think!  Well, he only fussed once when he spit his pacifier out, but then once I popped it back in he fell right asleep.  As for me - my arms were screaming!!  It was not only a challenge to push weight while I ran, but my biceps and triceps were also like "WTF is going on?!!??" during turns and curves.  It is definitely going to take some time to get used to that!  Doing it again tomorrow.  :)

Keep strollin, strollin, strollin, strollin, WHAT?!  Move in now move out, hands up now hands down....
Speaking of running....I signed up for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans happening February 24, 2013!  It will be my first half marathon after having Delano, and almost 14 months after my last one!  It's 4 months away, which under normal circumstances is WAY more than enough time to train.  However since I have to factor a baby and a jogger into the mix (unless I wanted to train fully on my treadmill, which would be no bueno), PLUS add in the winter months with a baby and a jogger, I appreciate that 4 month window! 

I ran The Color Run in Nashville last weekend, which was SUPER fun!  It was supposed to be a 5k, but they changed the course at the last minute and I think it actually ended up being more like 2.8 miles.  But 10,000 people signed up (that was the cap) of all ages and abilities.  I'd say less than half of those signed up actually planned to run it.  But it wasn't timed, so it wasn't a race.  It was just plain FUN.

Me pre-race.  Nice and clean.  And I actually DID run the whole "race"!

If you're not familiar with The Color Run, watch this short video.  It was EXACTLY like this, except without the slo-mo:


Participants and volunteers were covered from head to toe, and even kids in strollers were covered from head to toe.  It was a VOMIT of powder (dyed corn starch) everywhere and it was awesome.

Chattanooga is bringing in its very first color run next June called Color the Curve.  You'd better believe I'll be doing it!!  Along with Lucas and even Delano, if Delano is to a point where he'd think it was fun and not traumatizing.  I can always just cover his stroller with one of those plastic rain covers, which I'm sure I'll own by that time anyway.  We'll cross that bridge when we get there.  I'll be recruiting anyone and everyone, so be ready to register when the time comes!!

And finally, in unrelated but exciting news, THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment