Saturday, October 27, 2012

Consignment Sale Love

I went to the 50% off day at the JBF consignment sale this morning, though my child needs NOTHING.  I mean, really, he needs nothing.  Not for now or for the next 6 months, even.  But yet I ALWAYS find myself at the sales and I ALWAYS buy things I can't resist.  Today was no different.  I've been excited about this day for months.

This is how I feel at JBF.  Or just about any consignment sale, for that matter.
This is always what it's like on Opening Day.
And this is why I have a problem.

I wasn't going to buy him any clothes.  Really I wasn't.  But yesterday I bought him the cutest little shirt from the clearance rack at Old Navy for $1.97....

Lucas says Delano's going to look like a Colombian drug lord.  He needs a cigar to really complete the look.

....and realized that Delano didn't have any pants to go with the shirt.  Granted, he has a drawer full of pants and a closet full of overalls to last him likely until he's a year old, but all of the pants that fit him now are either sweatpants or cotton pajama-like pants, and that just wouldn't work for his new shirt.  So I decided that I would buy him a pair of pants at JBF.  I ended up buying two pair (50 cents each), but then this happened....

He will look SO CUTE in each of these!
The pants I intended to buy.  Well, at least one of them.

And of course THIS was a must:

I mean, seriously.  Who could resist that??

Granted, that's only NINE articles of clothing.  It could be (and has been in the past) MUCH worse.  That's why at this point I had to make myself walk away from the clothes.  So I decided to go look at books.  That's when this happened....

I guess I'm starting a children's library? 
I bought a stack of books at the last JBF sale, so this is stack #2.  You know, for all that reading Delano's doing right now.  So THEN I made myself walk away from the books to browse the toy section.  The other day I saw these two toys that I said I would buy if they were still around on 50% off day.  Well, they were.

Delano can't even HOLD a toy yet....
Before I did any more damage, I decided to go find Amanda, who I knew would be shopping around in the girl stuff.  Before I located her, I found myself wandering around the area with the big stuff like cribs, swings, strollers, bouncy seats and what not.  I noticed this little rocking chair among the bouncy seats, and it caught my eye.  Delano already has a bouncy seat, but he doesn't have a rocking chair.  Not that he needs one, but I thought that maybe when he's a little bit older and sitting up, he might like a rocking chair better than a bouncy seat.  I pondered it for a while and then just said to hell with it, because I kept going back to it and because IT WAS FIVE DOLLARS.

Delano's new rocking chair, with a removable steering wheel bar.
He looks quite thrilled, don'tcha think?  HE LOVES IT, DARNIT.
Aww there we go.  Happy in his new chair!

So all in all, I bought 4 outfits, 2 onesies, 3 pairs of pants, 31 books, 2 toys and a Jeep rocking chair for $30.  Not too shabby.  And the reason I'm addicted to consignment sales.  Even Walmart seems expensive after you become a part of the consignment world. 

I believe that was the last consignment sale for awhile, thank goodness.  But once Spring rolls around again, look out.

1 comment: