Monday, April 6, 2015

Operation Lose The Baby Weight: Days 71 - 77 (Accountability Log)

The "pro" of how things are moving along is that my weight loss now toggles between 4 and 6 lbs instead of between 2 and 4 lbs. 

(P.S. I don't count this past weekend in my tally, as I fully overindulged on high calorie/high-carb/fatty foods with it being Easter and the in-laws being in town.  I fully expect things to go back to normal next week.)

The "con" of how things are moving along is that it's been almost 80 days and my weight loss is ONLY in the 4-6 lb range.  I'm 4 weeks away from vacation and nowhere NEAR where I'd hoped I'd be.  At this point I wanted to be struggling with the last 5 lbs.......not still stuck in the first 5 lbs.

I said around the 45-day mark that if the next 45 days proved to be just as disappointing as the first 45, I would make the additional change of eliminating my daily evening beer and/or wine.  So starting today, that's what I'm going to do.  I made sure to drink my last Guinness in the fridge last night, so it wasn't there to tempt me this week.  There's still a glass of wine in the fridge, but I'll go pour it out here shortly.  Don't panic - it's not good wine.  It's leftover house wine from an event I worked recently. :)

I don't plan on not drinking EVER.....let's not get crazy, here.....I've got a birthday party coming up so I'm sure I'll have a beer or two there, and I've got a girls' night coming up and I fully intend to have a beer or glass of wine (or two) with dinner.  I'm just going to stop the empty calories and carbs on a daily basis and hope that it helps this weight drop off a little faster.

I'm also going to continue to eat low-carb and hit the treadmill and/or pavement as much as possible.  This next week is another "rest"week since I've got a half marathon coming up, but I should get in a final run on Monday and then maybe a few core workouts in during the week.  I just need to make sure I don't make myself sore for Saturday!


Day 71 (Monday, March 30th):

Total weight loss:  5.2 lbs

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs and turkey bacon
Snack:  None
Lunch: Chicken roller stuffed with arugula, roasted tomatoes and goat cheese from the meat department at Earth Fare

Snack 1:  None
Snack 2:  None
Dinner:  "The Rembrandt" chicken salad from Rembrandt's
Beer/Wine:   Yes

Run:  No
Workout:   No


Day 72 (Tuesday, March 31st):

Total weight loss:  6.8 lbs

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs
Snack: A serving of salted caramel peanuts
Lunch:  Chicken Tikki Masala meal by evol. (not super low carb - 32 carbs - but only 270 calories)
Snack 1: Slices of cheese and deli meat
Snack 2:  Strawberries
Dinner:  Low-carb chili (no beans) with cheese and sour cream
Beer/Wine:  Yes

Run:  1 mile treadmill run
Workout:  No


Day 73 (Wednesday, April 1st):

Total weight loss:  4.2 lbs

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs
Snack: A handful of salted caramel peanuts and a jalapeno mozzarella string cheese
Lunch:  Tuna Salad and sliced pineapple

Snack 1:  A handful of Gardetto's snack mix
Snack 2:  None
Dinner:   Drip Beef Recipe (which was YUM), mashed potatoes and baked beans
Beer/Wine:  Yes

Run:  No
Workout:  No


Day 74 (Thursday, April 2nd):

Total weight loss:  5.8 lbs

Breakfast:  None
Snack:  None
Lunch:  Vera Cruz Chicken and Avocado Omelet, fresh fruit and a side of bacon at The Egg and I (everything but the bacon was from the "Smarter Choice" menu)
Snack 1:  None
Snack 2:  Oatmeal cream pie and 2 Little Debbie snack cakes (shaped like butterflies)
Dinner:  Power Chicken Hummus Bowl and an apple from Panera Bread
Late Night:  Burrito Supreme and soft taco from Taco Bell (that salad wore off a looooong time ago)
Beer/Wine:  Yes

Run:  No
Workout:  No


Day 75 (Friday, April 3rd):

Total weight loss:  5.0 lbs

Breakfast:  2 hard-boiled eggs
Snack: A serving of salted caramel peanuts
Lunch:  Pizza and Salad buffet at Portofino's (yep - I ate pizza)
Snack 1:  None
Snack 2:  Oyster crackers amped up with seasonings (my mother-in-law made them - they're addictive)
Dinner:  Drip beef, baked beans, slaw and one small homemade drop biscuit (also made by my MIL)
Beer/Wine:  Yes

Run:  No
Workout:  No


Day 76 (Saturday, April 4th):

Total weight loss:  4.4 lbs

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese grits
Snack:  Oyster crackers (I CAN'T QUIT YOU, OYSTER CRACKERS)
Lunch:  Philly cheesesteak and homemade potato chips at Roy's Grill

Snack 1:  None
Snack 2:  None
Dinner:  Ensalada Fresca and some chips and salsa from Amigo
Beer/Wine:  Yes

Run:  No
Workout:  No


Day 77 (Sunday, April 5th):

Total weight loss:  2.2 lbs

Breakfast:  One piece of french toast and a piece of sausage (hubby's Easter breakfast)
Snack:  Oyster crackers (DAMN YOU, OYSTER CRACKERS)
Lunch:  Broiled trout, turnip greens, Lima beans, mashed potatoes and a piece of cornbread from The Epicurean
Snack 1:  None
Snack 2:  None
Dinner:  An Easter feast......'nuf said
Beer/Wine:  Yes

Run: 3.1 mile treadmill run
Workout:  No


Day 78 (Monday, April 6th):

Total weight loss:  1.0 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment