Tuesday, December 3, 2013

35 Weeks and Pre-Term Labor??

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow, and this baby is LOW.  And when I say low, I mean LOW.  I can feel little limbs pushing my skin out ON TOP OF my pelvic bone when I lay down at night, which is an extremely weird feeling. 

"Dropping is where the baby engages the pelvis."  No kidding!!

Delano never dropped, at least not to any effect that was noteworthy.  I Googled info about when a baby drops, and typically it's closer to the due date (after 36 weeks).  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I'm definitely going to ask if I should be concerned about pre-term labor!  I know I requested this baby to come early, but this bun needs to cook a couple more weeks first!  Early dropping is a symptom of pre-term labor, but there are also other symptoms that I haven't had - like any bleeding or the leaking of amniotic fluid.

In other news.....we finally got the "new" guest bedroom in organized, working order and the twin bed set up in Delano's room!  Delano's room is done.  The guest bedroom still needs some tweaking, but besides a few odds and ends, it's pretty much done as well.  I thought I would paint the room soon, since all the dark furniture against the melon-colored paint was originally making the room look even MORE dark, but I've changed my mind (for now).  Getting rid of the excessive clutter along with changing out the curtains and the bed comforter really lightened things up.  I think the room needs a ceiling fan - Lucas says it's fine without one.  I think he just doesn't want to put one up.  I'm still going to rally for a ceiling fan, though.  :)  Both the other two upstairs bedrooms have fans!  People like ceiling fans.  Except interior designers.  The designers on Trading Spaces were ALWAYS taking them out.

The new and improved office/guest bedroom.
The new and improved kiddo's room.
Floor space!  And my child chewing on a hair comb.

What else is new?  I have an appointment with a podiatrist on Friday.  I'm thinking I may have some heel spurs going on, so I need some advice on what to do since my feet pretty much hate ALL shoes except my Teva flip flops.  I thought it was a "pregnant only" thing last year until my feet never got any better after Delano was born.  So hopefully I'll have some answers Friday.

I also made a dentist appointment for next week.  I'm WAY overdue for a cleaning (about 2 years), so I'm hoping to get nothing but good news next Thursday regarding the insides of my mouth.  I wanted to go ahead and get the dentist appointment in NOW, before Baby #2 got here.  Then I'll have 6 more months before I'll need to go back.

I'm sure I have more things I could jab about, but it's bedtime (aka reading time) and so I need to let the dogs out, put them to bed and then feed the cats before putting myself to bed. 

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment