Monday, December 23, 2013

Let's Have This Baby Already!

My child is about to make me lose my mind.  It's 4:40 pm, he has YET to nap today (besides about a 10 minute doze in the car) and he is currently screaming BLOODY MURDER in his room.  Like he's being mutilated.  He is in full meltdown mode.  YOU NEED A NAP, CHILD.  GO TO EFFING SLEEP.

Yep.  Looks about right.

I'm currently trying to drown him out by watching "The Holiday" and eating cheese and crackers.  And maybe also cookies.  And possibly chocolate.  I am SO not eating dinner.  And I could really care less.

And all in his bedroom just went dead silent.  THANK GOD. 

I am now 2 days away from being officially 38 weeks pregnant, though due to the holidays I had my 38 weeks doctor's appointment today.  I was hoping Dr. Emberson would shout out, "Ok!  Let's go have this baby!!", but alas, he did not.  Everything looked good, and my 39 weeks appointment has been scheduled for next Monday.  I was told that next Monday I can decide whether I want to have this baby the old-fashioned way (wait until labor starts on its own) or if I want to pick my baby's birthday (via induction).  Next Monday is the 30th, so I'm thinking that if he won't let me check into the hospital that night (so that I can have this baby on the 31st) then I might as well wait it out.  But we'll just see how I feel by Monday.  I can tell that I'm feeling some over-being-pregnant hormones because certain things easily annoy me that normally wouldn't.  Or I should say, certain things annoy me GREATLY that normally wouldn't.  Because I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore!  I want my body back.  And my addiction to antacids to be over.  And my energy level back.  And my ability to sleep without a body pillow.  Or the need to pee. 

The look on her face pretty much sums up how I feel.  Like a great big giant SIGH.

Baby #2  gave me a little bit of a scare last week.  I had my doctor's appointment on Wednesday afternoon and all looked good.  But Wednesday night, there was NO baby movement while sitting on the couch watching TV, and NO baby movement while lying in bed.  And this is a baby that plays just about every sport and has a dance battle in my belly EVERY NIGHT like clockwork.  He/she also protests every morning when Lucas gets out of bed and I roll over to the opposite side and in turn wake him/her up.  Thursday morning, there were NO protests.  By about 11:00 Thursday morning, after there had been very little movement for over 12 hours, I decided to call my doctor's nurse line to see if I should be alarmed about it or not.  I knew that this was one of the most common things for moms to worry about (especially late in the game when a baby is often simply running out of room) but I was also having visions of my child's umbilical cord being wrapped around its neck.  The baby kicked around a little bit in the afternoon, so I decided to wait it out another day.  There still wasn't hardly ANY movement Thursday night and into Friday morning, but by Friday afternoon I had my little David Beckham/Anna Kournikova back.  Whew!!!  Now he/she is making up for the momentary "down time" by giving my insides a double dosage of painful pounding throughout the day.  I'd rather have that than a super still baby, though!

Maybe this is in my belly?
Or maybe this is?

So ok, Baby #2......I'm REALLY ready for you to make your appearance.  I know it's still a tad bit early, but I REALLY don't mind.  You're due in 2 weeks and 2 days anyway, so what does it matter if you're an early bird?  It's a good quality to have.  Unlike your father, who is notoriously late for life.

To wrap this up, here's my 37 weeks belly pic from last week (and the one from last time):

Still in there.
And still looks about the same as last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment