Saturday, December 14, 2013

This Baby Can Go Ahead And Make An Appearance Now.....

So now that I'm 36 1/2 weeks pregnant, I'm ready for this baby to come out.  I'll post my 36 weeks belly pic next time.....the camera and cord are in the other room.  :)

When I was pregnant with Delano, I was never "over" being pregnant, even towards the very end.  Yes, I was super excited to meet my baby, but the pregnancy was easy and I loved (almost) every minute of it.  This time around, I've reached the point of being OVER IT.  I'm tired of being exhausted, and of being sore, and of not being able to get comfortable, and of not being able to sleep, and of peeing 45 times during the night.  I'm tired of having heartburn, and random bouts of nausea, and of being exhausted.  Oh wait.....I already mentioned the exhaustion!  :)

I feel ya, lady.

Granted, I am FULLY aware that my life is about to drastically change when Baby #2 gets here.  I'm going to have two children under 17 months of age.  I'm STILL going to be exhausted and not sleeping through the night and pretty much run ragged in general.  I totally get that.  But at least it will be different from what's going on now.  At least I'll have my body back, for the most part.  The heartburn, nausea and nerve pain should go away, and even though I'll be getting up throughout the night, it won't be because I have to pee.  I'll probably still pee because I'm up and all and might as well, but you know what I mean.

Two kids under age two.

On Wednesday when I went to the doctor, I found out that my amniotic fluid level is low.  Not low enough to be an urgent matter (which would be "below 5", whatever measurement that is), but low enough to where the doctor wants me to try to build some fluid up before it DOES become an urgent matter.  I'm supposed to stay hydrated, which isn't a problem since I'm ALWAYS thirsty and drinking bottle after bottle of water throughout the day and night.  But he also ordered me to "sit still" as much as humanly possible.  He told me to skip out on cleaning and housework and running around and any extensive Christmas shopping for the rest of my pregnancy.  He encouraged me to sit on the couch and spend my time just hanging out and watching movies.  So basically a light version of bed rest, which can potentially help replenish my amniotic fluid level. 



For those of you who know me well, I am NOT one to just sit around doing nothing.  I'm not a neat freak or a super organizer or anything like that.....and I definitely avoid certain housecleaning duties until the dirt is slapping me in the face.....but I am rarely content sitting around being lazy, even as an exhausted pregnant lady.  First of all, I have an almost-16-month-old to entertain and keep up with all day every day.  I clean up the kitchen and pick up the house on a daily basis.  I take care of the dogs and cats on a daily basis.  Lucas and I split the dinner cooking about 50/50, so I'm often preparing dinner in the evenings.  I sweep the floors usually on an every-other-day basis, and I typically mop them every other week.  I scrub down the bathrooms (my most despised chore) every other week, and they actually NEED to be done this coming week because Lucas's family is coming into town next weekend and they definitely need a sparkly clean bathroom to use.  Our house is two stories, so I'm constantly going up and down the stairs (which is currently EXHAUSTING).  And I get stir-crazy at home, so it's actually rare that Delano and I just stay home all day.  Plus my calendar has been packed full of events lately, from doctor appointments to holiday dinners to Hunter Museum shifts.  And of course I've been doing some Christmas shopping in there as well. 

This is where my brothers are right now.  They even bought the tickets for the special Mickey holiday party that's happening either tonight or tomorrow night.  And I would SO be there too if I could be - ya know -  NOT RESTING.

Needless to say, my first three days of "sitting still" were an absolute FAIL.  Wednesday night, immediately after my doctor appointment, I bartended a Christmas dinner party at the Hunter.  Thursday was a typical day of picking up the house and running a few errands before meeting friends out for dinner.  And yesterday included delivering supplies to my neighbors for our annual Christmas Candle Lighting, having lunch with a friend and then bartending another Christmas party at the Hunter.  Right now I'm doing a good job at "sitting still" (kind of hard to write this otherwise), but as soon as the baby wakes up from his nap, we'll all be headed out to do some Christmas shopping and pick up a Christmas tree before Lucas's company Christmas dinner this evening.

Ok so maybe we're not picking out a tree THAT way.

If I look to my left, there's a basket of laundry sitting in the rocking chair that needs folding.  I'm also aware that there's a basket of bath towels sitting in the bedroom floor that need folding.  I cleaned up the kitchen already from this morning, but the upstairs floors could really use a sweeping.  And I'll probably do all of these things here in a few minutes.  I mean, really, how extensive is folding laundry and sweeping the living room?  I'll even turn on the TV while I sit and fold laundry.  :)

Luckily for me and for my doctor's advice, last night was my last shift at the Hunter for a while.  And I also won't be accepting any independent contracting jobs for a while, either, unless somebody would like me to do something that doesn't require any travel (like just report writing).  That reminds me that I need to email my "boss" to give him the heads up.

So that does it for now.  Unless something drastic happens (like my water breaks), I don't go back to the doctor's office until next Wednesday (when I'll be 37 weeks).  They'll check me again to see if I'm any closer to having a baby!

Weird.  Just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment