Thursday, December 5, 2013

35 Weeks Pregnant, Smellin' Like Cocoa Butter.

35 weeks yesterday!

There it is in all its glory.
And there it is from the first time around.

The baby has definitely dropped, but when the recent pic was taken it looks like he/she is planted right in the middle of my belly, as it is exceptionally round (unlike last week when the belly pic was flatter and pushing more towards the bottom).  I had my doctor appointment yesterday - I asked if I should be concerned about the potentially early baby drop (for pre-term labor reasons).  He said nope!  He said if I were to go into labor tonight, "we'd just have ourselves a baby".  No big deal.  So okay then!  I now have appointments every week from here on out, so my next appointment, which will include my final ultrasound, will be next Wednesday.

Today my right thigh and groin muscle have been yelling at me all day.....I think the baby must be pinching a nerve somewhere.  And I've been on the go since about 9:00am.  Now, at 4:30pm, I am finally parked on the couch with a heating pad wrapped around my thigh and groin, my laptop is in my lap and last night's episode of Top Chef is playing on TV.  The dogs are sound asleep in the floor and the baby is sound asleep in his crib.  I really could use a shower, but I'm just not in the mood to make the effort.  It can wait until later.  My greasy ponytail will just have to do for now!


At 35 weeks the first time around, I was struggling with very swollen and sore ankles, feet and wrists.  I wrote down that they ached all the time and that I was concerned about preeclampsia.  But the doctor talked me down from that concern, as I didn't have any other signs to worry about.  I do remember being able to literally squish fluid around in my calves and ankles...SO WEIRD.  But it gave me a reason to have Lucas rub my feet and ankles every night!  :)  I also mentioned that I had developed some small spots of spider vein explosions, but that I still did not have a single stretch mark at 35 weeks.  This time around I don't have any new spider vein explosion areas, and I also don't (knock on wood) have any stretch marks, either.  Some of the skin on the underside of my belly has been looking a little "crinkly" lately, but it hasn't "stretch-marked" yet.  Last time I ended up with some stretch marks AFTER I had Delano, when my belly was all saggy and droopy and trying its best to shrink back to a normal size.  It kind of looked like I had been attacked by a bear.  Or a mountain lion.  It was an area of pale-ish parallel lines (more on one side than the other) that I could have, SHOULD have, totally described as attack scars.  You know, during that "scary episode" I had out in the woods.  If they pop up again this time (which I'm sure they will), I'll have to take a picture.

That's EXACTLY what happened.

I slather my belly daily with cocoa butter (or shea butter, if that's what I happen to have).  There are reports that topical oils/creams actually DON'T work to prevent stretch marks, since stretch marks originate from underneath the skin.  But I don't care if it really works or not......I'm fine with slathering up if for NO other reason than to believe that it MIGHT be working.  Plus you just can't go wrong with smelling like cocoa butter all day.  :)

I've been working on a car seat safety post in between my regular la-de-da-here's-what's-going-on-in-my-life posts.  Just as an informative piece for parents who might not know some of the things that even I didn't know until recent months.  But just maybe I'll pass along some info that a fellow mom/dad honestly didn't know.  And maybe it will get them to reevaluate their current car seat situation (if indeed it may need to be reevaluated).  I'm hoping to finish it up soon, but it's taking me a long time to write.



I hear the baby fussing, so I guess it's time to free him of his cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment