Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Woolie Woolie.....Oh No, Me Gotta Go....Aye-Yi-Yi-Yi, I Said.....

Monday:

MY WOOLIE DIAPERS ARRIVED TODAY!!  YAY!!!!!

Just look at how cute they are!

I bought them off of Etsy from a shop called Lily's Dreams.  My hopes and dreams (possibly the same as Lily's dreams?) are that they solve all of Delano's nighttime leak problems.  I paid her to go ahead and lanolize them so that they'd be ready to go when they got here.  Delano's wearing one of them over his cotton Dream Eze nighttime diaper now, so we'll find out in the morning if I have a dry baby!

Tuesday:

It was success with the woolie!!!  Yay!!  He wore the one with the duck on the butt last night.  This morning the front of the waistband was damp from where it had tucked itself into his cotton diaper, but everywhere else was bone dry.  NO LEAKS!!  I think if he had had footie pajamas on (instead of just a shirt and the diapers), the waistband may not have scrunched its way down into his nighttime diaper.  The other diaper has a thicker waistband on it, so I think it is much less likely to bunch down.  But regardless of a little damp waistband, I'm impressed so far!!  Too bad I'm not crafty, because otherwise I could totally make my own wool covers.  But I'm not, so I buy ones other people have made.  I'm thinking Delano may "need" a pair or two of "longies" for the winter.  :)


Longies made by Lily's Dreams.
YES.

Delano and I visited the Tennessee Aquarium yesterday with my friend Amanda, her daughter Lily and her friend Eric who was visiting from Florida.  Delano really enjoyed it (THANK GOODNESS FOR SNACKS OR ELSE IT MAY HAVE BEEN A WHOLE DIFFERENT BALLGAME) and also surprised me by flashing the sign for "turtle", which I hadn't even realized he had successfully picked up.  His sign isn't exactly right yet, but it's super close and I knew exactly what he was telling me!

For "turtle" you slide you hand back and forth over your thumb like a turtle head poking out of its shell.

I ended up buying an annual membership because it made sense.  I thought I'd have to invest in a family membership, but it turns out that since Delano (and future Baby #2) are under the age of 3, I only needed to buy an individual membership, which gets in me, the kids and ANY extra single guest (Lucas, my mom, a friend, a stranger) for only $85/year.  So for the next two years, we've got the hookup!

Delano's face when he saw the first fish tank.

How we spent the last portion of the day after the crackers ran out.

So a while back I talked about how I had been using cloth diapers and cloth wipes at home, but cloth diapers with disposable wipes on the go.  And I decided that since I use cloth diapers on the go, it didn't really make sense that I would use disposable wipes.  And I said that I was going to switch to cloth wipes.

Well I don't think I ever shared this info, but I switched.  Like the next day.  I went to Target and purchased a mini spray bottle from the travel-size section, mixed some wipe solution up in the bottle and stuffed a bunch of my cloth wipes into one of my medium Re-Pac Bags that I purchased with a Groupon last year.  As anticipated, when you're a cloth diapering mom, cloth wipes aren't any big deal to use on the go.  The only downside is that it takes a LOT of squirts from that mini spray bottle to get my wipe good and wet.  It's pretty much just easier to squirt the baby's butt instead of the wipe!  And I do have to admit, I still carry around disposable wipes.  They're just way more effective for cleaning food off of his hands and face since they're so much wetter.  But on the plus side, these are what I buy:



Of course, some people store their cloth wipes at home in a container full of wipe solution, so their wipes are always fully wet.  I don't need to do that at home because my spray bottle is really efficient, but if I could figure out how to successfully carry around pre-soaked wipes for on the go (in something that didn't leak or weigh 10 pounds), I could fully eliminate the disposable ones.  Hmm.......

I noticed today, while sitting in the floor facing the mirror in Delano's room, that my Old Navy maternity capri jeans have several holes in the crotch.  I wear these capris ALL THE TIME so it was inevitable that they would eventually wear out, but I was hoping they'd at least make it through this baby belly.  I went to buy another pair (I've got a $10 coupon AND I could have gotten 30% off today) but apparently capris are out of season.  So now I have to go so I can mend my crotch before bed.  Good times.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment