Monday, September 9, 2013

Whew. What a Day.

This morning, I picked up my mom and we drove to Cleveland to check out the Ashley Lauren's Closet Children's Consignment Sale, which opened its doors to the public today at 9:00am.  The sale runs all week, with the 50% off day happening this Saturday.  I had been to this sale once before, but I think it was back when I was pregnant with Delano and it was during the week (and on a much slower day).

WHEW.


Yes, it was crowded, but I don't mind crowds.  And I'm a really patient person, so I don't mind a line, either (considering I had a "helper" with Delano.....I'm sure I'd probably mind a line if I was in it by myself with a screaming child!).  But seriously, this sale needs a bigger location.  There is SO MUCH STUFF crammed into this church gym that the rows between the clothing racks are barely large enough to fit two people across.  And there are SO MANY CLOTHES on the racks that it's almost impossible to search through them without having to yank them all off to see what you're looking at.  It's like a giant, overstuffed closet (well.....it IS called Ashley Lauren's CLOSET).  I left with a handful of maternity clothes and nothing else.  There was just WAY too much going on in too small a space.  And we didn't even go into the outdoor tents!

On a good note....I sold most of my stuff in the recent Jack and Jill Consignment Sale!  Today was "pick up day", so I went to check out what was left and see if I wanted to bring anything back home.  I brought home a couple of things that I may potentially use (some plastic baby clothes hangers, an extra Boppy cover, a baby sling/carrier and two gender-neutral receiving blankets) and donated the rest.  I didn't consign a whole lot of stuff (since I've got another baby on the way), but enough to make a little cash to make up for some of what I've spent lately!

There's another consignment sale coming up here at the East Ridge Community Center this Friday and Saturday by the Chattanooga Area Moms of Multiples Club.  Friday is their regular sale day (10-7) and Saturday is their half-off day (8-1).  So I'll probably hit it up just to see what they've got.

I need some outfits to go with all the stilettos I wear.......

 Speaking of stilettos, I miss this show:

Talk about RIDICULOUS rich, pregnant ladies.

To change the subject, I think I've picked my "comeback" race!  I've decided to register for the Rock N' Roll Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville that's happening on April 26, 2014.  I had planned to do it this year......we even chose that particular weekend to visit family in Nashville under the assumption that I would run the race.....but when the time came I just didn't feel ready AT ALL and felt that it would be more of a waste of money than an attempt at some semi-successful fun.  But this time I am determined to be ready!!  Even though I currently have NO IDEA what it's going to be like to attempt to train while having two children under age 2, I will have 4 months to prepare.  I've done one Rock N' Roll series half marathon before (in New Orleans), and I've done one half marathon in Nashville already, so I think this one will be a great, familiar re-entry into the half marathon world.  I still want to add more states to my half marathon list (which currently consists of races completed in 5 states), especially those that are close enough for a weekend trip that I haven't hit yet.  There are races in these states that I've been eyeballing for the past year or two, it's just a matter of making them happen!

Another bonus to being ready to run the Nashville half marathon?  It's 2 weeks before my vow renewal on the beach in Florida, which means I would be back in shape and looking good for my nuptials!  And that would be SWEET.


So I'm definitely thinking it should happen.  I want to be a RUNNER again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment