Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blogging, Woolies and Walking.

There are about 10 other things I could be.....need to be......doing right now.  I need to make baby food.  I need to finish cleaning the kitchen.  I need to sweep and dust the upstairs.  I need to start on my work project report.  But instead I'm sitting here blogging because that's what I'd rather be doing.  Hey, at least there's a load of diapers in the dryer and baby clothes in the washer!


So Delano has been waking up wet in the mornings lately.  He absolutely SATURATES his overnight diaper.  He's a heavy wetter in general, and so I'm sure the bedtime bottle of soy milk doesn't help matters, but it's not time to get rid of that yet.  I've tried a couple of different covers, but the outcome is often still the same.  I asked a friend of mine (who cloth diapers her kids) what she did for overnights, and she said she used multiple inserts/layers and then a wool diaper cover.


I had forgotten all about wool diaper covers!  I've never tried a woolie, but I know about them.  They are apparently SUPER absorbent and rumored to be odorless after they dry.  You can buy them from a company or from somebody who hand makes them and sells them on Ebay or through Esty.  They can be short or long, high-waisted or low-waisted - just depends on what you want.  They're not cheapRegardless, I'm going to hit up Ebay and order Delano a woolie or two to see if that helps with his overnight wetness.  Hooray for a reason to buy new diapers!  ;)

"Wool is a wonderful diaper cover. It is naturally breathable, yet does not wick onto your baby's sheets and clothes. Wool can soak up up to 40% of its weight in liquid, but still will stay at your baby's body temperature. It is naturally flame-retardant and anti-microbial."

Uh - dorbs little woolie pants.
I met up with the girls (Amanda, Nikki and Holly) and their babies (Lily, Emmalynn and Peyton) for our monthly lunch outing today.  It was lots of fun, as it always is.  But today Delano decided he was tired of waiting on me to go check out the fish in the Koi pond (as if we hadn't gone back and forth from the table to the pond 42 times already), so he just up and walked away.  UP AND WALKED AWAY.  And was darn proud of himself, too. 



So we have officially reached the phase where Delano expects that he should be able to just get up and walk around when he's done with his meal.  So there's THAT.


No comments:

Post a Comment