Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Child Eats Crackers Constantly.

I've read lots of blogs and funny articles written by other moms about "what I swore I'd never do as a parent".  A lot of the "swore I'd never do" declarations are the same......I swore I'd never feed my child fast food.....I swore I'd never make the McDonald's playground a regular sanctuary......I swore I'd never plop my child down in front of a movie just to give myself time to do things......I swore I'd never drink wine in front of my children......I swore I'd never use bribery as a tool.....etc.  And these moms, of course, are admitting to where they've "failed" at their "swore they'd never do" list.  Here's a blog where a mom does just that (her pic is the one below).  And here's another one.  And there are HUNDREDS more out there like it.


Well, I'm already starting my "swore I'd never do but have done" list.  It's not very long right now because Delano is only 13 months old and not yet the raging toddler lunatic of his future self, but I definitely foresee the list becoming something that will continue to grow as he turns into a tiny monster.

For example, I wanted to keep Delano away from processed sweets (for the most part).  This wasn't really a "swore I'd never give my baby any sugar" kind of thing, but more of a "keep things organic and healthy" kind of thing.  Well, let me tell you, that snack box of crackers and cookies is a MUST in our household, and he eats from the box ALL DAY LONG.  And sure, the box has organic wheat and vegetable crackers in it, but it also has Nilla Wafers, graham cracker bunnies, Lorna Doone shortbread cookies and chocolate Teddy Grahams in it.  I also typically have with me a small container of Nilla Wafers sandwiched together with peanut butter (organic peanut butter, but still) and ANOTHER container of some sort of kid-friendly cereal, which has included everything from Chex to Cap'n Crunch to Kix.  Just depends on what I buy for myself to eat at the time.

Seriously.  I hear ya.

So yeah.....my child eats crackers and cookie-crackers constantly.  He eats them before every meal (buys me some time to get his food ready, or kills time at a restaurant), he eats them while in his stroller, he eats them while on the move and he eats them while in his car seat.

He's going to turn into a giant Nilla Wafer.  Ah well.

Me carrying Delano in the future.

So that's my first "swore I'd never do but have done" thing on my list.  I have a few more, but I'll come back to them later.  Got things to do right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment