Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

12 weeks tomorrow!!  Which means I'll soon be inching out of my first trimester, THANK GOODNESS. 

Which just made me realize.....I don't think I've felt nauseous the last couple of days, and I didn't even realize it.  So if that's fading away - SWEET!!

I seriously don't remember being this exhausted the first time around.  I remember being tired....that I could have passed out cold gone to bed every night at 7:00 and that relatively normal activities (like walking up a flight of stairs) would wear me out quickly, but I don't remember being THIS tired.

I feel like this guy.

Of course I also didn't have a child to take care of the first time around.  There is NO sleeping in and he expects to be entertained all day every day.  And quite honestly, it's difficult to entertain a 10 month old.  You would think it would be a piece of cake, and some days it DOES work out to be an easy task.  But since he can't walk yet (and refuses to crawl), he needs either me or his walker to get around, which he wants to do ALL THE TIME.  And since he can't talk yet, he demands communicates with a series of grunts, squeals, screams, cries and other random noises.  And he gets bored easily.  It doesn't matter that he has a bazillion toys......if he's played with them before, they're old news.  So we're constantly reinventing the "Oooooooh This Is Neat, Don't You Want To Play With This?" strategy. 

Delano currently has access to the Tupperware......which typically ends up in the dogs' water bowl.

Two things that are ALWAYS a winning bet for my bored baby (or this bored mama who has run out of options for the bored baby) are 1) water and 2) the outdoors.  Whether it's a bath or playing in the Coolidge Park fountain, water always makes him happy.  And I spend a lot of time pushing the stroller on walks to get him outside and entertained.  And even sometimes, just running errands does the trick.  So if all else fails around here.....leave the house!

On a different note.....WE HAVE A TOOTH!!!  The past few nights (since Friday), Delano has woken up in the middle of the night crying, and we haven't known why.  Teething was suspected, but we couldn't find any evidence of a tooth in his mouth.  Until today.  Delano and I were out antique shopping with my mom when I thought I noticed a spot of white on his gums while he was laughing.  After further inspection, I discovered it was definitely a tooth.  I don't have a picture of it yet (it's hard enough just to look at it, so I'm sure shoving a camera in his mouth at the same time would be super successful), but it currently looks kind of like this:

Except his is coming in on the other side.
 
He's growin' up!!

And just because this is just so gosh darn cute I can't stand it.......




No comments:

Post a Comment