Monday, June 17, 2013

GET IN MY BELL-EH.

So I know I've mentioned it a few times over the last few posts, but I might be 12 weeks along today!  Which would mean that I'm about to leave behind my first trimester!  I'm not going to post my belly pic on Facebook just yet since the doctor may determine that I'm not 12 weeks along until NEXT week, but I went ahead and took a pic just in case, and here it is:

12 weeks!  Or maybe 11.....not sure yet.....

For comparison, here is a pic of my belly at 12 weeks along the first time around:

12 weeks with Baby D.

For another comparison, here was my belly at 17 weeks the first time around:

This pic most closely matches my current belly size out of my old pics.  Those are even the same jeans.

Obviously a MAJOR difference.  I know that you show faster (and bigger) with Baby #2, but I also have to put into play that I'm starting off this pregnancy a little heavier and not quite as "fit".  And with these pregnancies being back-to-back, my belly skin is also still loose from the first time around.  It stinks, but there's nothing I can do about it now!  I'm just going to have to work harder after this pregnancy to get back into the shape that I want to be in.  Which is going to be tricky with both a toddler and a baby, but I know it's doable, because I have friends who have been there and done it.  I'm just going to have to figure out how to fit it in!

My running has come to almost a complete stop.  I plan on getting a run in tomorrow and Thursday, but I didn't run at all last week and I only ran twice the week before for one mile each run.  It's part out of laziness, part over the stale, summer heat (for outside runs), part out of first trimester exhaustion, and part over the frustration that I can't run very far without my calves screaming bloody murder.  I'm hoping that after this first trimester is over, I'll get a second wind of sorts and be able to pick up the frequency and distance.

That's what I need to be doing - taking both the belly and the baby out running.  It has just been so HOT recently.

I can't really run first thing in the morning like I used to (pre-baby), because after Delano wakes up at 7:00 he needs to be breastfed and then fed breakfast, which usually consists of cereal and applesauce.  But I could definitely hit the pavement after he's done eating, because then it's his naptime and he's good about falling asleep in the jogger.  I just need to do it.  Seriously, April, GET ON IT.

That's my pep talk to myself.  I hope it works.  :)

My doctor appointment is this Wednesday, which is an ultrasound appointment.  I'm so excited!!!  I wish I had my own ultrasound machine so that I could just take a peek at the nugget anytime I wanted to, because it is just THAT cool.  But since I have to wait to see the baby at the doctor's office (sigh), it's definitely a plus that my ultrasound tech is AWESOME.  She really is kick-ass.

I hear the baby waking up from his nap (he's in there cooing and playing), so I guess I should wrap this up. 

Nomi and D.

No comments:

Post a Comment