Friday, June 14, 2013

Morning Sickness? Who Named It That, Anyway?

Ahh.....pregnancy.

Nothing like being fat, hungry, sleepy and nauseous all the time to make you feel like a million bucks!

I'm actually not hugging-the-toilet-kind-of-sick, but it's the same concept.

There have been times where I thought I WAS going to throw up, and was surprised that I didn't.  The other day in the car, I was leaving Target and on my way to meet friends for lunch when one of those times hit.  My throat tightened up (the feeling you get when the puke is RIGHT THERE in your throat) and I started salivating like crazy.  I cranked up the air and stuck my face against the vent, but was fully ready to puke in the floorboard of my car.  I just KNEW it was coming.  I was already making future plans in my head to visit the Goo Goo Car Wash after lunch to clean up my mess.  But it never happened - it went away after a few minutes.  Times like those are amazing (spoken with extreme sarcasm).

I am just thankful that I'm not rushing to the toilet or a trash can every time I feel queasy.  Some girls out there have a horrible time keeping down water and crackers during the first trimester, and others deal with it their ENTIRE pregnancy.  So even though this queasiness sucks, it could be worse.  And I'm almost out of my first trimester, so maybe there's an end in sight!

I can't believe I'm already almost up to this point!

Monday I will be either 11 or 12 weeks along.  I'll know more accurately on Wednesday during my ultrasound.  I have pics from my first ultrasound but I haven't bothered posting them because you can't really tell anything from them.  These next ones should be more baby-like!

Delano's ultrasound from January 18, 2012. 

Besides being nauseous, tired and hungry, I just feel FAT.  I don't really look pregnant yet, just like I could stand to lose some weight in my midsection.  My regular pants don't fit (unless I want to sport an EXTREME muffin top), but some of my maternity pants/shorts are still a bit too big.  I've been using the Bella Band with my jeans and wearing a lot of skirts and dresses.  Just like the last time around, I'm ready to look obviously pregnant so I can stop looking like I ate a few too many burritos (even though lately I HAVE been eating a few too many burritos.......)!

Change of subject - I bought this conditioner the other day at Earth Fare called Everyday Shea.  It's free of harsh chemicals, not tested on animals and is considered fair trade.  Plus it was on sale.  Well let me just tell you, my hair sucks it up.  I'll pump some into my hand, put it on my head, and it just disappears.  So I'll pump some more into my hand, put it on my head.......it's like my hair goes SLUUUUUURP!!  I'm going to go through this 32-ounce bottle in no time at this rate!


I really liked the last conditioner I used.  It was by Giovanni, and it was called 2 Chic.  It's also free of harsh chemicals and not tested on animals, but it was nice and creamy in my hair and felt the way conditioner should feel.  After my hair eats this bottle of Everyday Shea, I'll probably go back to Giovanni.


This weekend the Faires family (my mom's family) is headed to a long-overdue family reunion dinner in Gatlinburg.  When I was little, the Faires family and the extensions of the Faires family got together every summer (at least I think it was every summer).  But somewhere along the way, these get-togethers stopped being organized.  This year, my mom's aunt has made it her birthday wish to have a family reunion, so here we go.  I wouldn't recognize any of these people even if I had a random conversation with them somewhere, so it will be interesting to see what everybody is up to after 20 years.  We're staying at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek, which seems pretty nice.  I'm just excited to be going up to Gatlinburg, even if just for one night!  I wish we could stay longer.  I'm ready for a vacation.  But alas, no other big vacations for us this year.  Lucas wants/needs to use vacation time to work on building the garage at his Nashville house (BORING haha) and then we need to save the last vacation for the baby in case he/she decides to make his/her debut before the end of the year.  And of course if he/she doesn't come this year, we can't use that last vacation to go anywhere awesome because I won't be able to travel.

Lucas is a ball buster.  He owes me cool vacations next year.  None of this building garages crap.


1 comment:

  1. talking about hair - have you tired using coconut oil or olive oil? it takes JUST A TINY bit but works WONDERS!

    ReplyDelete