Saturday, May 18, 2013

Walking, Waving and Whining

My child is now 9 months old.  That's only THREE MONTHS AWAY FROM A WHOLE YEAR!!!

Crazy.  And yes, I realize I say the same thing every month.  And will continue to do so, so get over it.  ;)

Delano has learned "purposeful, directional movement" with his feet in the past week or so.  Before, he could push himself around in his walker, but it was almost always backwards, and almost never intentional.  And if he backed himself into a corner - the end.  Well, it was practically overnight when all that changed.  He not only can move forward, but he can go EXACTLY where he wants to.  And if he gets stuck, he wiggles his way out of it and just keeps on going.  Nothing is safe within reach anymore.  He is a man on the move.  And he is PROUD of this movement.  He does the same thing while holding your hands to stand up.  He'll take off walking in a specific direction and just expect you to come with him and be his personal, live walker.  Probably because we all do it.

I was going to post a video here, but apparently all my videos saved sideways on my computer and I have no idea how to flip them.  So here's a picture instead:

Hey wait...that's not my baby.  AND WHO IS DRIVING WITH THEIR BABY IN THE FRONT SEAT??!!

Just kidding.  That's Amanda and her baby Lily in a parked car.  But still funny.

Delano has also learned to wave.  He will either pump his arm up and down at you or stick his arm out and twist his hand back and forth.  I really need to take a video of him doing this before it advances out of the beginning stages.

I don't have any pics of D waving, but this is close.

It dawned on me the other day.....should I be crediting images I "steal" from the internet?  I mean, this is a public blog, but it's not published, per say.  I'm not submitting it for review or claiming any image as my own.  And the images are just sitting there on Google for the copying and taking.  Just wondering if I'm a law-breaker in any way.

P.S.  Delano just waved at the hippo.  Here's me attempting to get him to do it for the camera:


He's a classy kind of dude.  Now here's where he was actually waving:



A fun fact about my child (and probably any child out there) is that he can go from 0 to 60, back to 0, back to 60, down to 30, back to 0, up to 15, back up to 60 and back to 0 again all in a matter of about 10 seconds.  As in he can go from thinking I'm absolutely hilarious to screaming his ears off (tears and all) to  thinking I'm hilarious again before anybody even knew what happened.  As his mother, I've learned certain things about how this works.  For example, just because he starts screaming bloody murder and bucking his body like a fish when I go to put him in his walker (so that maybe I can get something done with BOTH hands), it doesn't mean he won't actually be content in his walker about 30 seconds after I put him there.  Sometimes it just takes a little distraction (like a spoon or a measuring cup) to make him forget that he didn't want to be there in the first place. You think you've got strategy, Baby?  Your mama's better than you are at that game....at least for now! 

At least until you're a toddler and start to play real dirty.

Alright, time to go bartend a wedding!  Lucas and Delano are on their own for the rest of the evening.  If the weather at least semi-cooperates, they're going to go meet up with some friends at Beer Over Dirt.

Have fun, boys!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment