Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Babies, Babies and More Babies!!

It is currently Monday, April 29th.  No it's not, you say.  Oh but yes it is.  As I type up this blog post, it is April 29th.  Only you, my reader, will not be reading it until much later.  Until it is the right time.

THE RIGHT TIME TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE'RE PREGNANT WITH BABY #2!!!!

There they are in all their beautiful, positive glory.

That's right.  We're having another baby!!

We found out this past Saturday, on the 27th.  Lucas and I had been in Nashville since the previous Wednesday night, and starting on Thursday I noticed that I was feeling nauseous.  Not like I needed to puke, just like little mini-waves of nausea would hit me throughout the day for no apparent reason.  The first few days I didn't think much about it, because I was also apparently suffering from a little stomach virus (probably something I ate on Wednesday) that kept me going in and out of the bathroom ALL weekend.  I figured the two went hand in hand.  But on Saturday, I had Lucas stop by CVS on the way home from lunch so that I could buy a pregnancy test, which I promptly opened after we got back to his parents' house.  And sure enough, it was positive!  A very faint positive, but there was definitely a blue line in the "pregnant" window.  I took the second test the Sunday morning to make sure, and then I took a third one this morning for even more certainty.  And today at the store, I bought a box of two more.  I'm sure I'll keep peeing on sticks until the first doctor's appointment, which I need to schedule tomorrow.






As of today, we are 5 weeks along and due on December 30th.  Unluckily for Baby #2, he/she will be born over the Christmas holiday.  So sorry about that, Baby #2!!  But I guess we now know what Lucas and I will be doing with his last week of vacation this year!



As for telling the family, I think I want to get Delano a "big brother" shirt to debut to everybody.  We've just got to figure out how we want to do it and get everybody to see it all at once.
Something like this.
Or like this.

The "reveal" will be after the first doctor's appointment, when we get the thumbs up that everything looks good to go.  Of course, by the time you read this, the reveal will have already happened.  But for now, it's time to hit "Save" and let it rest for a few more weeks............  :)

1 comment: