Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day 2 of Juice Cleansing

Day 2 of my Raw Generation juice cleanse has far surpassed yesterday in the happiness department.  First, I woke up before everyone else around 6:30 this morning.  I didn't physically get out of bed, but I was wide awake when Delano started calling for me at 6:45.  I had a slight headache when I woke up, but it faded on its own after not too long.  And when I got up, I wasn't overly tired like I usually am.  Even on nights when I get 8 hours of sleep, I typically wake up wishing I could get a couple hours more.  My morning routine involves getting Delano out of bed, taking him to pee, and then curling up on the couch to try to catch a few more ZZZs while he watches cartoons (typically with him sitting on me).  Then after about another 30 minutes to an hour Lucy wakes up, I go and get her, fix her a bottle, put her on the couch with Delano, and then I curl up in the recliner for a bit before the kids force me to be productive.

This morning I laid on the couch with Delano like I usually do, but instead of trying to sleep, I was checking email and Facebook and what not, and by 7:15 Delano was in his high chair eating a PB&J (his breakfast request).  So I was pretty much up and at'em right out of the gate.


Also......I wasn't hungry.  I figured I'd wake up STARVING.  But I wasn't hungry at all until it was time to pop open my first juice around 8:30.

Today, I blended Bottle #1 (the green one) with a banana to make a smoothie.  It still tasted green (though more like green + banana) and took me about an hour to drink.  I had a little help from Delano, as he seemed to like it, even with it being green (he won't actually eat greens as a food yet). 

At this point, I wasn't missing food and wishing I could eat everything in sight, which was way different from yesterday.


I did get really hungry right around 11:30, when it was time for lunch.  The kids and I had met some friends out for Toddler Time at the Eastgate Library, and then went by our local library to check it out and sign up for library cards.  After we were done and since we were already out and about, what I REALLY wanted to do was go grab some lunch at a restaurant.  There's a restaurant called Family Table near our house that has a soup/salad/pizza buffet (along with a full menu).  It's not the best in the world, but it's pretty decent and I could taste the pizza in my mouth.  I wanted like 14 slices. 

**I just discovered that their all-you-can-eat pasta deal is the same price as their regular buffet and it INCLUDES soup, salad and pizza.  Ummmm......Fettuccine Alfredo, please!!

But alas......instead of giving in to my lunch cravings, I came home, ate an apple and drank Bottle #2.  Bottle #2 was even better today than it was yesterday.  I still added a little extra orange juice to it, but I'm not sure it needed it.  Then after the kiddos went down for naps I drank a bottle of water and ate a plum.



I have been SIGNIFICANTLY less hungry today than I was yesterday.  It's still hard to believe that I'll be doing this for a whole other day and that tomorrow isn't my "Let's Eat!" day, but overall I am not disappointed with the way I feel today.

I didn't even break out Bottle #3 (another green one) until almost 4:00.  And I decided to just go for it - drink it "as is" without diluting it with fruit.  It's still not my fave and I avoided smelling it while drinking it, but it tasted more like lemon this afternoon than liquid shrubbery.  I wasn't really hungry when I popped it open, but figured that since it was almost 4:00 and I had only had TWO bottles so far, I should probably drink another.


Yesterday I felt like I was starving myself, but today I haven't felt that way at all.  I honestly, besides right at lunchtime up until this point, haven't been hungry.  I've been perfectly content all day.

Bottle #4 was consumed for dinner.  While the hubs enjoyed his chicken and rice casserole, I drank a bright red bottle of beet juice.  This was after, of course, I caught myself pinching off a piece of leftover cake and popping it into my mouth (oops).  I did find myself hungry at dinnertime, just as I would normally be hungry at dinnertime.  So it was kind of like a repeat of lunchtime, where I was having little fantasies about food.  Before dinner, the kids and I went to the farmer's market to pick up our CSA basket and milk share.  I was "safe" at the market (besides the cookies I bought for the kids as their market treat, I could have actually eaten just about everything else and been fine!), but on the way home I pictured myself going through a drive-thru and eating something delicious.  Which isn't abnormal, as I've been on Weight Watchers since mid-May and so drive-thrus aren't typically on the menu, unless I plan ahead through my WW tracker app (which is way different from a tracker jacket).  But the buttermilk fried chicken sandwich......which was something I saw in an advertisement today (maybe on Facebook?).....is definitely not 26-points-a-day friendly.  I also fantasized about an extra large order of McDonald's fries. 

Korean "Potato Party".  According to the news article attached to this photo, this group of kids ordered 60 large fries, which totaled approximately 30,000 calories.

Then the buttermilk chicken sandwich made me think of the Dirty Bird sandwich at Urban Stack, which made me think of the Good Day Sunshine burger at Urban Stack, which made me think of the hot pimento cheese dip at Urban Stack, which made me realize I just wanted to be at Urban Stack.

So I didn't eat any of these things, but instead drank beet juice.  YUM.  However, I will say that the juice satisfied my hunger pains.  I drank the juice and was totally fine afterwards.  Not saying I didn't WISH it had been something else......just saying that I survived the fact that it wasn't.

I didn't make it to Bottle #5 or #6.  By the time I started Bottle #4, it was 6:30.  So at that point I knew Bottle #5 (the 3rd green juice of the day) was out, because I certainly wasn't going to finish up my day with a green concoction.  But I didn't even make it to the pineapple/cucumber/aloe juice, as I didn't think I'd be able to finish it in time before bed. 


So Day #2 is done and in the books.  JUST ONE MORE DAY.  I'm counting down the hours until Friday, which I'm already planning out......healthy with a slight indulgence, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment