Monday, July 6, 2015

NOW We're Up To Date!

I'm in Week 8 of Weight Watchers, and doing pretty good!  I've lost that 10 pounds needed in the first 8 weeks to get that 2/3 price refund (woohoo!), so now I've just gotta focus on the rest of it.  I'm down about 12 pounds at this point, which means I've got 10-12 more to go. 

I completely forgot to take a photo of my CSA spread last week, but here's what I brought home (besides milk): Napa cabbage (a giant one), a cantaloupe, bell peppers, broccoli, peaches, a little yellow squash that looks like a flower, a round green squash that likes like a zucchini and a pumpkin mated, a long yellow and green squash, and green leaf lettuce.  I feel like I'm leaving out one or two items, but I can't remember.  A picture would have helped, right?

I did take a pic of this Napa cabbage, though.
I also bought some extra broccoli, a really pretty head of cauliflower and a handful of brussel sprouts to freeze, which I did Thursday night.  Tonight we're going to eat up the last of the Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings (8 WW points) in the fridge, maybe paired with some fresh broccoli and some sauteed squash, and tomorrow I plan to make Sloppy Joes (3 WW points) paired with some cole slaw (1 WW point) and zucchini chips (0 WW points).  I've also got a recipe for the snow peas in my fridge that I might make this week:


Looks good, right?  It was in one of my mom's "Eat This Not That" books.

Since the 4th of July weekend was a little indulgent, I plan to really stick to Weight Watcher recipes and snack ideas this week.  Though I didn't gain any weight over the weekend (which I was SHOCKED about), I also didn't lose any.  So I'd like to spend this next week LOSING weight.

This weekend I've got the Burn Your Half Off happening, which is a FREE half marathon here in Chattanooga.  Then next weekend I'll be heading off to the middle of nowhere in North Carolina to run The Scream half marathon.  I'm super excited about that one!

I also bought myself a Fitbit Charge HR this past week!

She's so pretty and professional-looking.

That's the good news.....the bad news is that my phone is too old to sync with it!!  So go figure that I need a new phone, which I may indeed end up purchasing TODAY.  I tried to buy a phone last week but they were out of the one I wanted.  Then we went out of town for the weekend, so I knew I would have to wait until at least today.  As of about 2 hours ago, the store had ONE in stock.  So my mom is on her way to watch my sleeping kids so that I can go attempt to buy this phone!  I really hope it's still there when I get there!  If it is, I'll finally be able to sync my Fitbit to my phone tonight.

"Why not use the dongle for now?", you Fitbit owners may ask.  Well, because my dongle doesn't work.  I ended up with a defective dongle (heehee).  I emailed Fitbit and they're sending me a new one.  And I emailed Amazon (which is where I bought it) and they're refunding me $25.  Talk about customer service!


I realize that my blogs used to be all about family life and not much about food or weight loss, and that now I post a bajillion pictures of food and recipes and talk rarely about the going-ons in the family.  It's not that my life priorities have changed or that I love my husband or children any less than I used to......I just think my blog priorities have changed.  People who are friends with me on Facebook see pics of the kids and me and the hubs ALL the time.  I don't sit and talk food and recipes and weight loss on Facebook hardly at all, if any.  But I do talk about those darn kids A LOT.  So here is where I get to talk shop about food and Weight Watchers and half marathons and to-do lists and whatever else! 

Maybe here in the near future I'll post a few family life-oriented blogs, and let you readers have a break from Weight Watchers points and CSA baskets.  Especially since Delano turns 3 (THREE!!!) next month, and Lucy is more than halfway to 2 (TWO!!! WASN'T SHE JUST BORN YESTERDAY???).  I could write a novel about potty training alone, especially since both of my kids decided to start potty training at the same time.  I could tell you about the things Lucas has gotten done on the house, as well as tell you what our next house projects are.  I could tell you about our last vacation, as well as the next one coming up here in about 2 months.  Just lots of stuff I could potentially tell you about!

My two cuties!
But for now I'm sticking with food and points.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment