Monday, July 6, 2015

I Need A Weight Watchers Week "Re-Do".

NOTE:  This post is from Wednesday, June 24th.....as in almost 2 weeks ago!  I had planned on adding to it and wrapping it up, but I was just too busy and it was taking too long, so here it is:

Wednesday

Tomorrow will be the end of week 6 on Weight Watchers and the start of week 7.  This week was a step backwards (no weight lost, probably a little gained) so it's been disappointing, but I know exactly why and how it happened:

1.  Last Monday (the 15th) I accepted 4 new environmental projects, all of which were due this past Tuesday (the 23rd).  Fyi, that's a ridiculous time frame for four projects.  The typical turnaround time for one project is 2-3 weeks.  They were also all in Columbia, South Carolina, so I spent last Tuesday and Wednesday on the road.  So every spare minute I've had in the last week has been dedicated to those 4 projects.  And I've been up every night until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning working on them, even after coming home from two bartending shifts I had over the weekend.  Therefore, I haven't run AT ALL in a week and a half.  All of this lack of sleep and sitting on my butt certainly hasn't worked any wonders on my weight loss.  This past week was all about the money.

I guess I should have been doing more of this.

I accepted another project that's due 2 days after I travel, but it's not nearly as far away and it's only one project.  Plus I'll be able to get a laid back head start on it.

2.  I've been lazy with my tracking.  In the 5 weeks previous, I logged just about every piece of food that went into my mouth.  I accounted for it ALL.  This past week.....not so much.  I've been logging every day, just very loosely.  And I swear I haven't been eating crappy.  While I was on the road I picked out what I was going to eat through the Weight Watchers app while sitting in the parking lot of the restaurant before going inside.  I've eaten salads and fruit and veggies galore.  But I've also snacked here and there and had a beer or two every evening while parked in front of my laptop.  Not that snacks or beer are a bad thing.  The serving of homemade dessert I had after dinner Sunday night wasn't even a bad thing.  But since I wasn't logging everything, I wasn't keep track of exactly how many points I was working with.  So I'm sure I abused my points this past week without even realizing it.

You know you're thinking it!

3.  I spread my bonus points out over the week instead of using them as a splurge over the weekend, and apparently my body didn't care much for that.  Yeah, I know.....I was doing a poor job at logging points anyway.  But apparently even though I'm allowed 49 extra points each week no matter when or how or what, my body prefers leaving those points for splurges, preferably wine splurges, and not for just tacking on extra food each day because I can.  Well.......POINT TAKEN, BODY.  I will spend those points on wine splurges!  I don't mind that a bit.

I talked to my coach today (she's not working tomorrow, which is my weigh-in day and when I would normally chat with her), and she's wasn't concerned.  Neither was I, but having the extra pep talk was what I really needed to hear.  Have I bragged enough about Weight Watchers coaching??  I'm sure I have.  It is REALLY the way to go if you don't plan on going to meetings in person.  It just really helps with morale during the whole process.  So anyway.......on to next week!!  Let's lose 2 lbs!!  Okay, okay......1 lb!!


Thursday

Just kidding......I never ended up blogging anything on Thursday.  Except that bold, underlined, italics title.

Saturday Night:

Here's my CSA box from this week:


This week's box contained snow peas, spinach, Kohlrobi, carrots, zucchini, cucumbers, cauliflower, tomatoes and a giant leek.  I bought the red potatoes to go with some pot roast I had planned.

I stored everything "properly" in the fridge (for now) except for the Kohlrobi and the leek.  The Kohlrobi is still waiting to be stored or frozen (it's in the fridge, but just sitting in its bag, which is no bueno) and I already froze the leek.  I watched a YouTube video regarding the leek, because I wasn't sure how much of the green part to keep.  I ended up freezing the green (the leaves) for future soup stock purposes, and divided the main part into two bags (about 2 cups each) to freeze for later.  Oh, and I got to use my vacuum sealer for the first time!

Leek leaves pre-sealed (the sealer and I made that bag!)
Sealed and ready for the freezer!
Chopped leek awaiting to be vacuum-sealed.
Sealed and ready to freeze!

I'll probably freeze the spinach, and maybe the Kohlrobi, too.  Only because I still have mustard greens in the fridge waiting to be cooked, so I don't really need two types of greens for dinner this week.  I had planned on shopping around for seasonal veggies to freeze while at the market this past Wednesday, but it was REALLY windy with a bad storm looming on the horizon when I got to the market, so I basically grabbed my milk and my box and ran (I had both kids with me.....NO FUN to be stuck out in the rain with two kids).  So this week when I go, as long as the weather's nice, I plan to do a little more shopping.

PS.  I actually did not have Kohlrabi in my basket.  Once I googled Kohlrabi, I realized it's a root vegetable.  So I think I maybe just had a type of collard greens!  Regardless, I froze them.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment