Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nashville, The Baby and Cornbread, Of Course

The Country Music Half Marathon happened in Nashville this morning.  In the rain.  And I'm IN Nashville.  I booked this weekend with my petsitter months ago.  But I did not run the race.


I'm kinda bummed about it, too.  Was I ready for it?  Nope.  Did I need to spend the money on it right now?  Nope.  Have I gotten a doctor's diagnosis for my foot pain?  Nope.  Have I been fitted with new running shoes for my post-preggo feet?  Nope.  Do I still wish I would have been crossing that finish line this morning?  YEP.

Ah well.  There will be more races.  Which makes me want to start searching Active for local upcoming races and Half Fanatics for half marathons.  Like I said in my last blog, I want to amp up my game in the running department.  I need my mojo back.  I miss that mojo.

I'd like to look like this again, minus the soaking wet part.  This was in October 2011.

Delano just keeps getting bigger and smarter.  I've been buying him Baby Mum-Mum Rice Rusks for a while now, and he feeds them to himself.  They keep him occupied for a short time when he needs to be occupied, like at a restaurant or while I'm trying to get dinner on the table.  And yesterday at The Turnip Truck I found a canister of organic rice puffs, so for the past few days he's been working on his hand-to-mouth coordination with what looks like a Cheerio.  He's even much better today than he was yesterday.

These are awesome.
These are awesome, too.  Though Delano got the "leafy greens" flavor and not banana, because that's what they had.

Delano has also started waving (sort of).....he doesn't do it on command nor am I quite sure if he really knows what he's doing, but sometimes when people wave Hi or Bye to him he'll stick his arm out in the air like he's heiling Hitler.  And he's a ginormous flirt.  He flirts with the ladies like it's his duty.  And stares at their boobs if their cleavage is showing.

He REALLY wants to walk, and seems to get frustrated that he can't.  He still has no awareness of crawling, though.  Like it's not even an option.  We're still guessing that the crawling might actually come AFTER the walking, unless he just figures it out one day by accident.

RIDICULOUSLY CUTE.

My birthday is coming up.  So is Mother's Day.  I get two holidays all in one weekend, so Lucas better be nice to me.  :)  What do I want for my birthday/Mother's Day?  I dunno.  Everything that typically crosses my mind is actually something for Delano!  Go figure.  For me.....I still have part of a massage gift card left over from last year, so getting a massage would be pretty awesome.  So would a trip to see Donnia at Anue Salon for a cut and color, since I am way overdue for both.  Or a trip to Triple 7 for more work on my sleeve, which I REALLY would like to finish this summer if at all possible.  Or someone could always pay off my school loans.  So if any rich and/or famous people are reading my blog and would like to perform a good deed (anonymous is fine).....I have two consolidation loans with Sallie Mae under Catherine Wallace, and I will happily supply my account number if you need it......  ;)

The Cornbread Festival is this weekend in South Pittsburg.  Lucas and I may swing by the festival on the way back from Nashville tomorrow, which is exactly what we did last year.  One of my most favorite wood craftsmen is there every year, and I LOVE to buy his stuff.  I'm all out of spending money this year, but maybe Lucas will be feeling generous.  :)


Bill Wallis and his beautiful work!

No comments:

Post a Comment