Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Eight Months and Fat Bellies

Delano turned 8 months old today.  EIGHT MONTHS!!!  That's only FOUR months away from being a year old.  Time is going crazy fast.

He promptly rolled off the couch after this shot.....oops.  He survived.  :)

People tell you all the time that time flies with babies.....to the point that it gets annoying.....but they aren't kidding.  It really does pass in the blink of an eye.  It seems like only yesterday that I couldn't even IMAGINE my son being eight months old.  And it's the same with my friends with babies.  I feel like I see some people relatively often until I ACTUALLY see them and realize their child has grown 14 inches and gained 8 lbs since the last time I saw them.  Which CLEARLY means way too much time has passed.  I AM SO SORRY FRIENDS WITH BABIES!!!!  I obviously need to be more social than I thought I was. 

But my friends with babies need not be shy, either.  Are you desperate for some adult conversation?  Need some time to vent?  Want an excuse just to simply get out of the house?  Just ask!!  The weather's starting to get really good, so it's stroller-thirty.  Delano loves stroller-thirty.  We participated in stroller-thirty three days in a row last week and already once this week.  We typically head down to the Art District (free parking) and take off!

And not to leave out my friends without babies....you need some more Delano in your life?  Need to rub your face in some baby belly?  Gnaw on some baby toes?  Hear the song of baby giggles in your ear?  Just ask!!

I think I forgot to mention it (or maybe I did and forgot that I did?), but my brother Ben got married at the end of March!  Oh wait......I vaguely remember posting a few pics of their wedding in a previous blog!  Haha.....I still blame my lack of memory on "mommy brain", because I'm totally allowed.  And because it seriously hasn't gone away.  Anyways, here's a sibling pic I got tagged in on Facebook and like:

For those who don't know my family, the groom is my brother Ben with his new wife Rachel, and the best man is my brother Brian with his wife Nicki.  P.S.  It was COLD!

It's time to change up my hair.  I just don't know what I want to do.  The sky is my limit, but I just don't know.  Cutting off my hair would obviously be a refreshing change, but I look better with long hair.  I could do bangs and I usually like how they look, but I hate having to fix them, and I REALLY HATE growing them out.  I'm a toss-my-hair-in-a-ponytail kind of girl, and bangs don't fit that description.  And of course Lucas likes my hair long and down.  Maybe I just need to update the color, update the layers and learn a few new easy styles instead of getting a cut.  So on that note, I just need to decide if I want to stay light or go dark.  I like both.  Hmmm.......

When you Google "cool hair", this is one of the images that pops up......NO WORDS.....

So I have been FAILING at losing weight.  Seriously failing.  I'm in a rut.  Of course, it's all my fault.  I have no one to blame but myself.  I have zero motivation outside of my head.  Well, that's not really true.  Maybe it's more that I have zero willpower.  I HAVE the motivation.  Every time I look in the mirror I'm motivated to lose weight.  It's just that when I get hungry, my belly doesn't give a shit about what my brain thinks.  My brain will be screaming, "DON'T EAT THAT!!! THAT'S A HORRIBLE IDEA!!!" and yet if I'm hungry I will still eat it.  It's damn ridiculous.

Pre-baby, when I was running a lot (and pre- having just grown a human in my belly), I got down to 123 lbs and it was fantastic.  I felt great, and I felt like I looked the best that I had looked in a LONG time.  I actually wore tight shirts and felt comfortable in them!  I didn't have a flat belly by any means, but this was down from 146 pounds, when I didn't feel good in anything.  Well now I'm at the point where I feel mediocre in everything.  I don't feel awful, but I don't feel good, either.  I currently teeter between around 133 and 137 lbs, depending on what I ate/drank the day before.  I think I'm probably around 133 lbs without the water weight.  I'd like to be 129 lbs.  A solid 129.  And then maybe shed a few extra lbs for some "leeway".  But that means I need to stop eating crap.  And stop drinking beer.

So with the pending Craft Beer Festival coming up this Saturday.....and the fact that I have to work all week this week.....I could put off focusing on getting skinnier until next Monday.  I think that's a good plan.  :) 

April 22nd....IT'S ON!!!


Look at how happy the girl on the end is.  She reminds me of Tinkerbell.  This image is ridiculous.

I guess I should go to bed now.  I'm not really ready, I just know I SHOULD.  The longer I stay up, the less sleep I get overall, because my son will wake up at the same time regardless of how much sleep I've had. 

So goodnight, blog readers.  Get some sleep, and let's all cross our fingers for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment