Sunday, April 21, 2013

Just One More Day.

Let's start off with a cute baby pic.

UH-DORBS.
Now that that's out of the way......

I've got just ONE MORE DAY of environmental work before I'm all out of projects and get an awesome break!  That includes working late tonight to get a few things done before tomorrow rolls around.  I've been working on environmental projects for 7 weeks straight.  They couldn't have timed themselves any better with all the vet bills the kiddos have racked up recently (which will all be completely paid off once all the checks roll in), but the older Delano gets, the harder it is to get any work done with him around.  Before, all he did was eat and sleep.  Working from home was EASY.  But now that he's awake more often, is more active and has the ability to get bored, work comes in small spurts.  I get the most done after he goes to bed at night.  Even now as I write this blog, he's climbing all over me like a monkey, wanting me to entertain him.

Delano gets bored in the afternoons.  Sometimes it's before he's had the chance to take his nap (therefore he's bored AND fussy) and other times it's after he wakes up and he's just mentally thinking MOMMY LET'S GOOOOOOO I'M BORRRRRRED UUUUGGHHHHHH.  So we go downtown for walks just about every single day during the week if the weather's nice.  Sometimes he falls asleep on the walk and sometimes he doesn't.  Sometimes he completely misses his early afternoon nap because he's loving the walk so much.  But I don't care, because he LOVES to be outside and NEVER complains about a walk (plus he usually konks out in the car afterwards anyway).  I've been taking him out in the regular stroller, but I need to start breaking out the jogger.  I don't take the jogger out for walks because the front wheel is a stationary wheel that doesn't unlock for the swivel option, which makes it really difficult to steer during walks (unless you're going in a straight line).  But it's great if you're actually jogging.

My jogger.

I have a To-Do list to start working on again after my last environmental report goes out tomorrow as well.  Besides breaking out the jogger for runs with Delano during the week, I also plan on running more in general, whether it's with the jogger or on the treadmill during D's naps.  As you all are well aware, I have been slacking on the running lately for a few reasons/excuses (injured foot, need new shoes due to the injured foot, traveling for work, writing reports, etc) and need to get back in the game.  I want to be half marathon material again.  I want it to be EASY like it used to be.  Or at least EASIER.  Which means I need to run.  A bunch.
I also need to finish reading Killing Lincoln.  It was my book club's LAST read, so we've already met up and discussed it and have chosen the next book (which I also need to pick up), but I wasn't quite finished when the meeting rolled around.  I've just been way too busy during the day and way too sleepy at night to finish it.  But after tomorrow, it's on.  Along with the new book the club chose and the stack of others by my bed just waiting to be read!

I also need to get moving again on my stack of magazines.  I made a small dent in my magazine stash at the beginning of the year, but since then I've hardly touched them, and they've still been coming in the mail.  It really makes me wonder when I renewed all of these subscriptions.  Not because I don't love all the magazines I get, but because I'm not exactly sure when I last anticipated having time to read them and sort through them, saving articles and recipes and what not.  Eventually the magazine madness will stop, and all my favorite recipes and articles will be saved in their designated places.  But I definitely need to catch up.

What our stereo cabinet kind of looks like.  And you KNOW I subscribe to the magazine on the top left.....who wouldn't?

I've got other things on the To-Do list I need to tackle as well, but they'll just have to wait in line behind these books and magazines.  I need to reference my beginning-of-the-year blog post and see what all I said I'd get done this year (besides read magazines) and start hammering some tasks out.  I know the downstairs computer desk is on that list, as well as the office closet.

But first, Mama wants a break.  A break that includes mindless activities, such as running and reading.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Just received a check for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn filling out paid surveys online...

    So I show them a video of myself getting paid over $500 for taking paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete